483 replies to this topic

#31 Forever*&*Alwayz

Forever*&*Alwayz

• frequent poster
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:48 PM

Love your Inspirational pics myndie biggrin.gif

I got to find time to do my pics too I am just so tired lately and can't be bothered. laugh.gif lol.

BTW is there another 2011 bride ? where ...

#32 runaway

runaway

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:11 PM

i'lbe waiting for them...impatiently laugh.gif

she's in the welcome thread ive told her to come and find us. so hopefully she will be joining us soon.

#33 cheryl6

cheryl6

Advanced Member

• frequent poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

Hi girls,
Yes I am here now, only just got back in here tonight, have been busy with the kids.

I cant believe how organised you girls are, I suppose I have started doing some things, I am making my own invitations (to save a bit of money) I have already bought the card paper stuff, in the colours I want, which is a light pink colour and the deep red/black rose colour. I know what flowers I want, roses (in the red/black colour) and light pink carnations. Obviously the colours I want red/black, light pink, gold and of course black. Thanks to another bride to be, I now know where I would like to have my ceremony and reception, if they are as good as they look on the net. I am pretty sure I know who I am having as bridesmaids, but FH isn't completely sure who he is having. I am pretty sure we will have about 80 people, but I am pretty sure that about 20+ are kids (under the age of 12), so hopefully they will have kids menus or cheaper meals for them.
I haven't found a dress yet but I have tried a few on and found a style I love, so hopefully I can find one not too expensive that I love. I may need to travel to find one though as I am in Tassie and they don't have many choices down in the south.
I am sure there are other things I will have started looking into but I cant quite think of them ATM.
I also have a big collection of bridal magazines (mostly bride Tasmania) as we have been engaged for 7 years so far (together for 7 & 1/2 years) with 6 children (including my eldest who is not FH's, not that you could tell from the way he is with her).

Anyway I best be going, need to rest whilst my youngest (who is 6 weeks old) is asleep.
Cheryl
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.ma...ersion=6,0,0,0" width="500" height="50" id="idocounter471" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /><param name="movie" value="http://i-do.com.au/f...nter_short.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param Name=FlashVars Value="brideName=Cheryl&groomName=Brad&weddingDay=8&weddingMonth=1&weddingYear=2011" > <embed src="http://i-do.com.au/f...nter_short.swf" FlashVars="brideName=Cheryl&groomName=Brad&weddingDay=8&weddingMonth=1&weddingYear=2011" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="500" height="50" name="idocounter471" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></object>

#34 runaway

runaway

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:33 AM

wow cheryl it sounds like your very organised!

as for me i'm completely over wedding plannning this week. we thought we'd do the right thing and make sure our parents had some idea what we were planning (the big things) and thats backfired bigtime with FFIL complaining to MY sister about our idea's WTF blink.gif so we will be keeping our plans very hush except for bestman and MOH (when we tell them who they are)

hope you've caught up on some sleep kel

#35 cheryl6

cheryl6

Advanced Member

• frequent poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:26 PM

Hi Myndi,
What a pain about your FFIL, especially when you were letting them know something very important to you both about your wedding. I would definitely be keeping things to yourself. Are you paying for your wedding yourselves or are they paying for some/all of it for you?

I know that FM&FIL are giving us some money towards drinks (which I think will more than cover that as I don't want to encourage drinking) I am pretty sure my dad will want to help us out a bit but we haven't asked him yet. My mum and her partner said they may give us something to help out but I am unsure of how much, so I cant add it into our budgeting for the wedding. At least I don't have to worry about anyone telling me how things will be as FMIL loves all of my ideas and is helping me do the invitations (when we get some time but we do have ages).

I really want to organise everything now, but I think I am getting too excited and I probably should wait till at least January so as there is only 2 years to go.

Cheryl
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.ma...ersion=6,0,0,0" width="500" height="50" id="idocounter471" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /><param name="movie" value="http://i-do.com.au/f...nter_short.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param Name=FlashVars Value="brideName=Cheryl&groomName=Brad&weddingDay=8&weddingMonth=1&weddingYear=2011" > <embed src="http://i-do.com.au/f...nter_short.swf" FlashVars="brideName=Cheryl&groomName=Brad&weddingDay=8&weddingMonth=1&weddingYear=2011" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="500" height="50" name="idocounter471" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></object>

#36 runaway

runaway

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

FH and i are paying for the entire thing!. i'm not really expecting anyone to be excited i'd just like it if they could tone down the negativity.

weve got 3 years and 14 days to go if we stick with this date laugh.gif were going to go down to the two towns were considering eafrly next year and see what thier like temperature/ flowers/ water
i cant stand colourful flowers (im a freak i know) i only like white and pink flowers tongue.gif so if theres hundreds of wildfloewers it wouldnt be very me. likewise we'll be checking the average temps for those times of year (deciding between march and september leaning more towards september though)

my FMIL only input or interest is that we should have EVERY sibling in the bridal party (10), plus nieces/nephews (only 1 atm but 3 years is a long time). they looked at me funny when i mentioned my (male) bestie would probably be in the bridal party. on my side.

we will also be discouraging drinking. we will have cocktails for bridal party during photo's. and champagne for toasts, if we have a full sit down dinner (FH really wants) we will have one (small) glass of wine per course. we feel thats more than enough and as neither of us are big drinkers its more true to who we are. unfortunately some of our guests don't seem to have the ability to self regulate thier drinks. so bridezilla is just gonna have to do it for them biggrin.gif

#37 cheryl6

cheryl6

Advanced Member

• frequent poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hi Myndi,
It sounds like you have a fair amount of trouble ahead of you with your future family. Is your family the same? Does you FH care about you having a Male best friend in the wedding party (or at all)? my FH doesn't like me having male friends, or I am allowed but not allowed to see them laugh.gif.

I cant believe how expensive weddings are, I am trying to save money where I can but it is so hard. I am thinking about getting guests to pay for their own meals instead of giving a gift (as we have everything we need) but I am really unsure how to go about it. Any suggestions?
I don't like the idea of having too much alcohol around as on my dads side they love to drink, so I may need to cap it off a bit. Maybe I will put a certain amount of money on a tab and keep an amount in reserve in case we need it later on.

#38 Forever*&*Alwayz

Forever*&*Alwayz

• frequent poster
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:11 AM

Myndie I can't believe your FMIL wants all the neices and nephews in the bridal party, THATS INSAINE !!!!

As 2 cost, we only chose 2011 because of the cost of our whole wedding. including the honeymoon were up for atleast $20grand !! we have a set limit per fortnight that we put away in a progress saver account with high interest that we occur over time.

CherylMost of the packages that reception venue's provide beers,wine,soft drink, juice and waters. we will be having this as part of ours but will only be putting a $500 spirits tab down for the bridal party and telling the venue that only single shotts are allowed, if they want doubles they have to pay for the extra shots !! We will also be saying no to shotts !! once the tab runs out they are to stick with whats prvided or buy their own. I think that is fair enough. we will prob include my parents and FIL including 2 fSIL in that tab too. rolleyes.gif

Have you thought about what kind of wedding you want to have cheryl ?

On saturday we are off to our venue again and this time I am taking my mum so we can check the room out all set up !! they have a wedding on sat afternoon and have invited us to come take a peak and some pics before it starts to get an idea of what it looks like, I am very excited although the MC says its a black and white wedding .. who on earth does that ... yuk lol ...

#39 runaway

runaway

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

*raises hand* me lol im having black and white, but with little bits of pink (flowers, butterflies) were not going 50/50 black white though.

she wantrs all the siblings as some are quite young (youngest will be 10) and she doesnt want them to be upset its a lovely idea but i a not having an army of people precede me into the ceremony. i think ill get some sisters to do readings, some go hand out OOS and just get them all pretty dresses. my man's fine with my bestfriend being a guy. i told him when we started going out that generally i had more guy friends than girls and he'd have to put up with up tongue.gif. now my bestie comes over and spends 1/2 the time with me and 1/2 playing computer games with FH rolleyes.gif FH only problem s that it'll look unbalanced for the photo's.

i think i'm just going to follow everyone on heres advice and not tell anyone anything. one person from my family has complaind about the distance but either way someone is going to have to travel, so why not ge married somewhere gorgeous!

so any thoughts on your flowers yet?

#40 Forever*&*Alwayz

Forever*&*Alwayz

• frequent poster
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(faerie_bride @ Sep 4 2008, 10:40 AM) View Post

i think i'm just going to follow everyone on heres advice and not tell anyone anything. one person from my family has complaind about the distance but either way someone is going to have to travel, so why not ge married somewhere gorgeous!

so any thoughts on your flowers yet?

I am going to say what I have been getting told all along !!

ITS YOUR WEDDING, IF PPL DNT LIKE WHERE YOU HAVE SELECTED THEY ARE NOT BEING FORCED TO COME !!!

go with where you and H2B want !! thats what we ended up doing !! even if it did give mum the shits with our ceremony choice.

I have thoughts on flowers and even have a cple of pics, but wont say what yet !! not that I am trying to hide my plans, I have always been a person to spill once its all concrete. all I will say is that they will REALLY match within my colour scheme.
I PROMISE I WILL SHARE SOON biggrin.gif

#41 runaway

runaway

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

yep i believe very firmly in 'its our wedding were doing what we want' everyone else has had thier turn or will have thier turn one day.

the only reason i'm not wearing a black dress is because FH always wanted a bride in white (he's the traditionalist and romantic) and the full fairytale wedding.

#42 cheryl6

cheryl6

Advanced Member

• frequent poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:25 PM

Hi girls,
Kel, Is the beer, wine etc everywhere, because I am not sure down here in Tassie, but I guess that is a good question to ask when I talk to the people at the reception centre.
I am really hoping that our wedding only comes to around $10,000 (we are thinking of asking guest to put $50 towards the Adult meals and pay for their kid meals what do you think?) We aren't really having a honeymoon, probably just 1 - 2 nights away at a nice hotel, cant do the whole big honeymoon thing with the kids. I was thinking of a trip to the mainland to see relatives after the wedding, but obviously taking the kids. Depends on the costs.
As to what kind of wedding, it will be semi-formal, I want the white dress (even though we have 6 children already laugh.gif ) and all the other trimmings. I was thinking of having it at lunch time but I am wondering if this will be achievable, with trying to get my children ready and myself, I am also not sure who will be here to help me. The only part I am not worrying about is the cars as I think that is a cost we can avoid, but I may change my mind down the track.
I hope you have fun looking at the venue again, they look so wonderful when they are done up for a wedding.

Myndi, How small will your wedding be? My wedding would be about 55 - 60 without kids but with them its at least 80.
I used to have almost all male friends, but it was just easier to stop seeing them when FH and I got together as he is such a jealous man and I love him and want to be with him, so the choice was easy.
Are you having the full black and white wedding where everyone wear black and white or is it just the bridal party?

I really want to start getting things booked now but my step sister is getting married early next year (march I think) so at least I can help her with hers first. We have only just found out she is engaged and it is so exciting.

Talk soon.
Cheryl

#43 runaway

runaway

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

most function centres, wineries, restaurants will do a drinks package (wine, softdrink, beer juice) and charge per head. depending on your guests some people findits cheaper to pay per head and some its cheaper to have a bar tab.

we're looking at having black white and splashes of pink. so not a full on black and white. i posted some pictures on page 2

if you want a white dress go for it. in reality most brides arent virgins anyway. the only people who would comment are b****y people looking for any chance to have a go at you and older people who are stuck on traditions. and i don;t think most of them know the reasons behind some traditions laugh.gif

our version of small is 40ish people including children. we've already had a few complaints about this but aren't budging on this one. our wedding is to celebrate our love and the people who mean most to us. not everyone w've ever met, and everyone theyve ever met, and everyone our families have ever met. tongue.gif. my older sister had two people show up on the morning of her wedding and ask if they could please go to the wedding. some people have no manners

i don't have any kids but i think if you really want a lunch wedding then its definately achievable, just be prepared for an early start. arrange to have someone else dress the children just before its time to go (no time to spill food, play in icky stuff or otherwise destroy thier clothes)
and lunch doesnt have to be at exactly 12 you can push it back until one or two. just let your guests know on gthe invites

how many BM are you having, are you doing hair/makeup yourselves or having it done proffessionally. they are there to help you on your day so don't be scared to delegate things for them to do.

PS apologies for my terrible typing

#44 cheryl6

cheryl6

Advanced Member

• frequent poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

Hi girls,

How are you going?

I am still so excited about getting married even though it is ages away.

My FMIL is also very excited and wants us to get married earlier but the date we have chosen is very special to us as we will have been together for 10 years exactly.

I think also it will give us alot more time to save up to pay for things, we can also start getting little things like candles etc so as it doesn't seem like such a big expense at the time.
I talked to FMIL yesterday and she seemed to think that most of the family wont mind paying for their own meals and we will be capping it at $50 pp (maybe even $40 pp depending how much the meals are) and then the cost of the kids meals, we will also be capping that at $15 per/child so as it is not too much.

I keep wanting to organise everything now laugh.gif .

Our wedding will actually only have 72 including children, there is only 55 or 56 Adults (including children who will be over 12), this is only family and really close friends!!!

I think we will be having a tab bar and FMIL suggested not having spirits paid for just stick to beer and wine and soft drinks etc. Not so sure though as DF likes to drink spirits and I don't drink any fizzy things, but we will see.

I am still deciding whether to have a lunchtime wedding or not, if I was to be closer to where the ceremony was being held (which will be the same place as the reception) I would think about lunch as everything would be closer. Not sure will decide later.
We are having 2 or maybe 3 bridesmaids and I was thinking about getting someone in to do hair/make-up but it will depend, I like really natural make-up. I do need my hair done though as it is long and I want it to look really nice. I am sure I will have plenty of helpers on the day.

Talk soon
Cheryl

#45 runaway

runaway

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:34 PM

you're FMIL sounds WONDERFUL!

with the bar tab you can allow limited spirits/juices if that helps. just ask the venue to suply your favourite juices etc for you (and perhaps guests, i know i feel sick if i drink fizzy drink and would probably spend the night quite thirsty if thats all that was offered) and have spirits allowed for a) H2B only cool.gif bridal party only, c) bridal party and parents only. people shouldnt be upset about not being allowed spirits if theres beer and wine available.

i want to sort out our venue so we can start organising decorations to match, and start buying early. we're thinking of ditching the candy bar idea and using it for my 21st instead as FH isnt really anywere near the sweet tooth i am.

with regard sto the distance between were ur getting ready and the venu is it possibly to stay somewhere closer the nigth before hotel, luxury house. you could make it into a lovely girly night for you to destress and get ready

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users