#1 Mumma3

Mumma3

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

xx
Mum of three. Some I get to hold in my arms...all I get to hold in my heart.

If your parent dies, you are an orphan. If your spouse dies, you are a widow.
But if your baby dies... there is no word for that.

#2 Renee`

Renee`

Kaele & Miller's mum <3

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,806 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:03 AM

Although I have no current advice.
What does Brad think about you moving down there?

Obviously what he thinks is a big factor. If he is happy with it, or understand the situation well then you can work it out between yourselves.

I know when my mother moved to Vic with me. My dad didn't want it to happen.
Without discussing it too much, it turned very nasty, police were invovled and things were just shit.

When I finally got back with my mum, my dad had to pay for tickets for me to fly up and visit him, or train tickets whatever. I went every second xmas, everyother holiday, the stock standard.

What Brad thinks is going to dictate your next move.

ETA:
I have a family member and ex family emember in the exact same situation. My family member will not allow the move to happen, and actually had made so they can't move. She will not hand over the bio kids for full time care of my family member so she is to stay living within a certain distance. This is my understanding of the situation.

K&R - 260205
KBW - 031107
MAW - 220310
Love.Laugh.Live.

#3 Lil_Miss

Lil_Miss

Family of 4!!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,029 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:03 AM

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time. It must be awful for you nt having family nearby just to be with you.

As for the situation i dont think you should have a problem as you have stated excellent reasons to move to Sydney. It depends on how hard B makes it for you. You arent leaving the country and Brisbane isnt that far away where you are making it impossible.

Seeing as you are making it clear that you still want Chloe to have contact with her dad it shouldnt be a problem but unfortunately im not a lawyer.

I hope that you get the answers that you need. Sorry that im not much help.

Big hugs to you both

#4 invisible

invisible

Advanced Member

• frequent poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:25 PM

Hi Clare

I was in a similar situation to you last year. I moved 10 hours away from my ex and while he wasn't happy with it he did not try to stop me as there was a history of abuse, alcoholism and mental illness. I sought legal advice and was told that he did not have a good chance of preventing the move if he wanted to due to those reasons. I had no support there after the break up and my family all lived in my home town so I moved back after christmas! I couldn't aford a house there either and now at the end of the year I should be a home owner.

Legal Aid can give you advice on what to do. Do you have a parenting plan/order? If your ex attempted to stop you from moving some thngs taken into consideration is the affect on the child, previous contact that your ex has with the child, support level, abuse etc.

I know in my situation we lived in a regional area and I grew up in the country and wanted the kids to experience that lifestyle growing up as well. I will probably move closer to their dad when my oldest is ready for high school but I don't know for sure. It depends on alot of things...

If you have any questions please PM me if you like.

Hugs
Sherri

#5 ~Pink~

~Pink~

Advanced Member

• frequent poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

The best advice I can give you is do not move before getting his consent (written and signed). He has every right (unfortunately) to stop you moving and get an order to make you move back. The courts rarely allow such a big move without VERY good reasons (been there done that).

Good luck with it all smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users