• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 want a bubba

want a bubba

• New User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:57 PM

Has anyone used Ballarat IVF clinic before? I've been told that Dr Russell Dalton is really good.

Sorry, had to go anon for this because my sister has used this site before and she might be lurking. Unfortunately we don't get on that well and she loves to gossip sad.gif

Thanks in advance.

#2 Kell

Kell

I have a pocketful of Jolly Ranchers. No. Really.

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

Have not used them but heard much good about Dr. Dalton also. I was going to go to see Dr Bardsley through them in Bacchus Marsh last year, but found MIVF were going to be cheaper and closer to me so went with them instead. All the best.

#3 Swarles Barkley

Swarles Barkley

Legend-wait for it-dary!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:38 PM

Hi. I use them, as Dalton is my gyno.

He is a great doctor, meant to get the best results. however he has zero bedside manner. he is as blunt as a butter knife.

just be prepared for him to tell you the brutal truth. for me, i am unable to have a baby because i am overweight. these were his exact words...not the nicest way to put it :S

#4 indigo

indigo

FARTY OWLS!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,733 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

Just checked another forum for you that is specifically about babies and found a quote for you as follows:

"Im in Ballarat there is a fantastic doctor by the name of Russell Dalton he did my emergency ceasarean and follow up. He is such a lovely doctor and very very thorough."

That was only from a quick scan but many baby forums will actually name and recommend their doctors or hospitals etc.

#5 5Angels

5Angels

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE(*April* @ Aug 1 2008, 05:38 PM) View Post

He is a great doctor, meant to get the best results. however he has zero bedside manner. he is as blunt as a butter knife.

You got that right. He's the one I saw on Wednesday.

Want a bubba, good luck if you go to him, I won't be going back.

#6 Swarles Barkley

Swarles Barkley

Legend-wait for it-dary!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

Oh Belinda, i am sorry to hear that. He seems a bit money hungry to me.

Personally i am less than impressed with him. As i said, he looked me up and down and said "you're overweight, no wonder you arent pregnant". Ok, i know i am overweight, but i know a lot bigger people who have got pregnant.

I have endo, and he had no interest in checking that out (its been 4 years since i had it diagnosed). It wasnt until i went back to my GP and demanded he book me in asap for a lap, that Dalton considered it. I still havent had it done, but the out of pocket expense is $500.

After this lap i am going to swap gynos, as i cant stand the man, however i know other people who thinks he is great.

I do admit, he knows his stuff, but he has the people skills of a clothes peg.

#7 5Angels

5Angels

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(*April* @ Aug 1 2008, 07:45 PM) View Post

Oh Belinda, i am sorry to hear that. He seems a bit money hungry to me.

That's the impression I got too. When he said we'll just do IVF our first question was how much will that cost and he was so abrupt, he just said "I don't talk about money, the girls at the front desk will give you a quote" blink.gif Of course he doesn't talk about the money, he just rakes it in.

After this lap i am going to swap gynos, as i cant stand the man, however i know other people who thinks he is great.
I do admit, he knows his stuff, but he has the people skills of a clothes peg.

laugh.gif A clothes peg!

I'm glad I found this out now, not after I'd forked my money over. I just thought it was so weird how the clinic nurse was ready and waiting to rush us into her office and go through all the "paperwork". It was getting close to 6pm and we couldn't stay any longer so made an appt to see her next Friday, but we'll be cancelling it for sure now!

Sorry to hijack the thread, I'm just shitty about the treatment (or lack of) I got ph34r.gif

#8 Swarles Barkley

Swarles Barkley

Legend-wait for it-dary!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

Dont be sorry honey.

I forgot to mention, at our last appointment (where i demanded a lap...i wasnt taking no for an answer) he turned to Brian and asked for the results from his SA...the peghead hadnt even spoken to us about it...apparently we should have known that he would need one, and should have asked.

yes, because i have done this before dry.gif

He was also pushing us towards IUI last time. I just turned around and said that i would be having a lap before we made any decisions about that.

#9 leala

leala

• New User
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

he is the best dr i have seen at aged 16 i was told i had endo that bad i needed a hysterectomy. i was booked in for one. when a mate told me about dr dolton i went and seen him he removed my endo and now i have to boys aged 4 and 2.

#10 Saffy

Saffy

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

I am sorry that some of you have had a bad experience with visiting Russell Dalton. I have been a patient of his for many years and he has the utmost respect of both myself and my husband. Because of him, his staff, and his clinic, we have a beautiful baby girl who would never have become a reality without his support. Having said that, IVF, as you all know, is such an intensely emotive and personal experience and its possible we all 'need' more support than we feel we get, and that is fair enough! However, they are there for the medical side of it, and for Russell not to want to discuss money is certainly his choice. He is a scientist, not an accountant. That is why he has staff working there. One night Russell called my husband and I at around 10.30 pm at night in response to a personal letter I had written to him. He had no idea what the time was and was mortified when he realised he had called us so late. I assured him that hearing from him at any time was welcomed. The fact that he read my letter, and called me so late at night when he was driving home to his family, to discuss my concerns about my next IVF round certainly tells me he is not only in it for the money. Russell is dedicated to 'making babies' for infertile couples. Maybe he doesn't talk money because thats not what he does, he does the science of it. In that phone call we discussed all of our concerns until we had some clarity. He didn't rush at all and I want to adopt HIM! He called us last Christmas just to wish us well, and our daughter was born in 2006. I read somewhere a quote "Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with everything they have". Same goes for Russell with the twist "Just because someone doesn't give you the outcome you want, doesn't mean they aren't trying with all they have". Give him a break. He really is a compassionate and personable man.

#11 Thelma

Thelma

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

What's with 2 newbies one after each other writing and raving about Dr Dalton, that's not exactly credible... dodgy!

#12 Kookies

Kookies

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(AliRo @ Mar 3 2009, 09:11 AM) View Post

What's with 2 newbies one after each other writing and raving about Dr Dalton, that's not exactly credible... dodgy!

Completely agree Ali... especially for such an old thread too.

#13 Swarles Barkley

Swarles Barkley

Legend-wait for it-dary!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,067 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(AliRo @ Mar 3 2009, 09:11 AM) View Post

I agree ali. and with such an old thread dry.gif

#14 Saffy

Saffy

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

I have been watching this thread for a while. If you notice, I joined on 22 June 2008. I truly hope you all succeed in your baby making and live very happy lives... but to do that you have to get over your cynicism and bitterness. If you notice leala and I are both new to this and the first thing you all do is attack because, most likely you don't agree. I am sorry you all behaved that way. I wish you luck and success, but this most definitely is not a good environment with responses such as yours. Learn a little kindness, it goes a long way.

Welcome to you leala - is what they should have said. Think twice about staying here honey. You might find better support and willing ears somewhere else. Russell Dalton is a good man, but he's just not God.

#15 Saffy

Saffy

• New User
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

Another thing, I am sure you would have been all supportive of us had we agreed with you.

Ali... thats a problem "part of the furniture" as your quote says. Sweetie, you have been here too long. Get out into the world and off the computer. Its a good way to become a little less judgemental.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users