• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 happy_tracey

happy_tracey

• frequent poster
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:15 AM

I've been seeing this guy since August. Things have been going very well, meeting up every weekend.

He's very affectionate towards me, coming up behind me and putting his arms around me, hugging me, he's very nice.

I recently went to Melbourne for a weekend Oct 4th - 8th, and he was unavailable last weekend (a weekend long wedding). I got an email from him on Friday saying how he'd like to meet up with me as he has a few things he needs to talk to me about "perhaps we can meet for drinks somewhere".

I rang him yesterday and was able to get kinda to the bottom of what's happening - he is very confused. But in a nutshell he might be not happy with the way things are going - he's not sure. (We've been intimate already). I asked him if it's something that can be fixed, or not, and he said he's not sure.

He is about to go through details of a divorce in November.

I'm kinda beside myself as I don't know what to do. I know that I feel like I want to try and continue this connection we have, but I'd like to take a step back and get to know him as a friend with a view to see where it can lead to.

I'm about to organise to meet him this morning... I'm scared, beacuse I really liked him. sad.gif

T.

#2 WhiteBlossoms

WhiteBlossoms

Fingers Tightly Crossed

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,714 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:38 AM

Oh Hon - i don't really have any advice but wanted to wish you good luck with this morning

Just take it slowly and listen to what he has to say - keep the communication lines open!!

If he is going through a divorce, chances are he IS feeling confused, but perhaps not about you and your relationship with him? Maybe he just needs a bit of time to step back and work through his feelings and emotions regarding his previous marriage and when that is done and dusted he will feel more comfortable again.

Best of luck xx

#3 LittleTraveller

LittleTraveller

Viva La Vida

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:34 AM

I agree with Dani too...perhaps he is just feeling overwhelmed at the moment?I hope i goes ok for you and you can talk about it all, good luck and let us know what happens.
*Life is beautiful...live it every day*

#4 happy_tracey

happy_tracey

• frequent poster
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:56 AM

thanks girls... I'm about to leave - he seems looking forward to seeing me, which is a bit bizzarre. Well, I'll try and now be happy tracey!

#5 happy_tracey

happy_tracey

• frequent poster
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:35 PM

Well I'm now back - after spending a lovely day with him. At least I thought it was a lovely day!

We had a good chat in a hidden pub in the middle of the rocks. Seems he is feeling that there is something missing... But not sure what. I told him how I was feeling about the whole thing. That I'd like to try and get to know him better as a friend, which he is feeling strongly about.

He opened up a great deal more after lunch, and told me that he used to like this girl he works with, who has only recently got engaged. "Perhaps that's messing my head around a bit" he said.

I'm not so worried now, but only a bit because I think I've lost him. He feels so strongly about keeping my friendship and about seeing me again, he asked me more than once. He drove me home. And then he gave me the chance to take his sporty car for a spin.

Later, I watched him drive away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users