#1 Nisha

Nisha

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:16 PM

We have a gorgeous doggy, Buster

He's a Chocolate Lab, 1 year and 8 months old and very cute. We rescued him from the pound as he kept escaping from his last owner and after the pound picked him up they didnt want to claim him. He has a great personality and is a very exciteable and affectionate dog.

With one problem ...

He LOVES our newly landscaped backyard a little too much! He LOVES to rip out our new trees, snap them in half, chew up the motor for the water feature (its ruined and we now need a new one approx $200) and generally munches on anything new in the garden. Including my washing!! Now ive gotten clever and only wash on weekends when hes in the house with me, so problem #1 solved.

Now, i've got him a Kong (although he didnt get one this morning - hence the destruction!) and he usually goes thru it in an hour.
We've tried big bones from the Butcher to distract him - he loves these, but again, after a day they have been ground down to half their size and look a year old and then its back to square one!
We've also tried the "Get off my Garden" products (the citronella based jelly crystals) to no avail. We ALSO got him chained up with 5m of chain (access to water, lawn, shelter) but the bugger got tangled around a tree and nearly killed himself - so that idea's in the bin.

Hubby is threatening to get rid of him and i love him to bits, so im desperatley looking for ways to keep him away from the new section of landscaping. I dont want to buy those Zapper things that shock them when they go close to a border either (too barbaric). We can fence the area off but its expensive and he's a brilliant jumper (clears 5ft in a single bound - should have called him Superdog)

Do you have any other ideas i can try? unsure.gif

Photos of the culprit here http://happysnaps.ag...8affce993157a98

#2 Nisha

Nisha

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:22 PM

Grrr... i posted this twice!
Pls respond to the other topic instead of this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users