• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 mrs bradley

mrs bradley

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:53 PM

Nope, piece of cake! I didn't even have to trim around the edges to fit them. Or the tips! I didn't have any fall off till a couple of days into the honeymoon. That said, i used to use superglue to glue them on in the old days...... It doesn't seem to do any damage and any residue can usually be taken off with acetone nail polish. Its better than the nail glue they give you. Although the glue in the brand I used was pretty darn good! I wouldn't put them on till the night before or the day of. Doesn't take long. And you don't need to paint them.
IPB Image

#32 Suz77

Suz77

Advanced Member

• frequent poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:22 PM

I had intended on having gel overlay on my nails until they all broke in the lead up to the wedding sad.gif So, I had fake tips put on the ends of my nails with an acrylic overlay, the week before the big day. This also gave me enough time to get used to them.

Now that they've all been removed, I think I would have preferred to still get the gel (as it's sugar based and I understand not as damaging). My nails are now very short and will probably take a couple of months for the damaged bits to grow out.

Regardless of what you choose, I would recommend a manicure a few weeks prior as well as a few days before to ensure the cuticles and skin around your nails look nice.

#33 afterglow

afterglow

Part of the Furniture

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(mrs bradley @ Dec 7 2007, 01:53 PM) View Post

Nope, piece of cake! I didn't even have to trim around the edges to fit them. Or the tips! I didn't have any fall off till a couple of days into the honeymoon. That said, i used to use superglue to glue them on in the old days...... It doesn't seem to do any damage and any residue can usually be taken off with acetone nail polish. Its better than the nail glue they give you. Although the glue in the brand I used was pretty darn good! I wouldn't put them on till the night before or the day of. Doesn't take long. And you don't need to paint them.

I went to Kmart last night and the closest thing I found to a brand called Hollywood, was one called Broadway... is this the one? Anyway I got them and put them on last night and they are great, I have had lots of comments today about my "nice nails" and I am so happy with them!! FOrget spending the money on gels, these will do for the big day!

Thank you sooo much Mrs Bradley biggrin.gif:D:D

xxAnnie

#34 mrs bradley

mrs bradley

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:16 AM

Scout 16, yep thats the ones! I knew it had something to do with an american name..... and yep they are great if you only want the nails as temporary ones. So glad I could help!!
IPB Image

#35 JenniB

JenniB

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:11 PM

I'll have to check out those ones at K-Mart too - they are a really perfect length, not too long and rerally natural looking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users