Photo

Ostrich Feathers....Were could i find them?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bangas

Bangas

Bangas Loves Mash!!!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,566 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:26 PM

Hello my Lovely i-Do Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone would know of wear i could find Ostrich Feathers, Full One's.
Also a rough figure of how much they would be costing?

My head has gone completly blank, Duh! blink.gif and i love getting all you fantastic replies of help and advice, Aww wub.gif

P.S. Please don't suggest eB@y, i do not and can not get an account.

Thank you all Sooooo much

Jules.xxx

#2 Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:40 AM

Hey Bangas,

It depends on the colour you are after. I have between 20 and 35 (not sure exactly how many are there) white ones that are between 20 and 24 inches long, that I am looking to sell. Pm me if you are interested in them and will count them and let you know!

If you are after another colour check out this site

www.australianduster.com.
I am not kidding, this is where i got mine from, and the guy is so lovely. It is heaps cheaper than spotlight or www.feather.com (which is where I got all my other feathers from!), and they are great to deal with.

Good luck and let me know if white is your colour!

#3 divasew

divasew

Evry'body Dance Now

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:51 AM

Yes. Go to this website. www.feather.com.au. She has a business in QLD. You can also call her. I have bought feathers from her. If you have no luck. PM me. I know somewhere else as well. biggrin.gif

#4 Beachwedding

Beachwedding

i-do Addict

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:29 AM

i got my ostrich feather that i used to make my pen from spotlight. but i find the NEW spotlight stores have a much better range than the old messy stores. it cost me $5

xxoo

#5 paprika

paprika

• frequent poster
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:49 AM

I also recommend fe@ther.com.au- the girl is fabulous and she has a few colours to pick from!

#6 divasew

divasew

Evry'body Dance Now

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(gentle @ Jun 21 2007, 08:40 AM) View Post

Hey Bangas,

It depends on the colour you are after. I have between 20 and 35 (not sure exactly how many are there) white ones that are between 20 and 24 inches long, that I am looking to sell. Pm me if you are interested in them and will count them and let you know!

If you are after another colour check out this site

www.australianduster.com.
I am not kidding, this is where i got mine from, and the guy is so lovely. It is heaps cheaper than spotlight or www.feather.com (which is where I got all my other feathers from!), and they are great to deal with.

Good luck and let me know if white is your colour!

Just wondering if that company is in Australia? All the prices are in US dollars. I tried to phone the number but its not available. Did you speak to the guy at all. And did you have any trouble getting what you needed. Thanks. biggrin.gif

#7 Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:43 PM

Yes the company is in Australia - in some crazy outback town in QLD. When I first called I got a messagebank and left a message for him and he called back. He told me that he sends things all over the world (Mardi Gras is a very busy time for him) so maybe that is why it is in American dollars? I just ran it through a converter initially, then got him to email me a quote after I spoke to him.

i got everything I was after, quite quickly too. I paid via an internet banking transfer and had no dramas at all.

I hope this doesnt sound really dodgy - it is 100% for real.

I did also order a lot through feather.com and they were really fantastic as well, but their ostrich feather were a whole lot more expensive. I think I got about 40 feathers for about $170.00 from Austral!an Duster.

#8 lizzums

lizzums

Part of the Furniture

• ForumAddict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(gentle @ Jun 21 2007, 02:43 PM) View Post

Yes the company is in Australia - in some crazy outback town in QLD.

He is at Jimboomba
I buy feathers from him as well. I got the first lot from ebay and now just buy direct from him. Service is really fast and feathers all look great.

#9 tianakaesha

tianakaesha

Token Urban Hippy

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:48 PM

I got mine from a store in Sydney. under $2 for big ones... lots of colours. I cannot remember the real price but can find out if you would like. Would be happy to go get them for you if needed.
IPB Image

#10 Primm

Primm

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:58 PM

Yes the company is in Australia - in some crazy outback town in QLD.

QUOTE(lizzums @ Jun 21 2007, 06:00 PM) View Post

He is at Jimboomba
I buy feathers from him as well. I got the first lot from ebay and now just buy direct from him. Service is really fast and feathers all look great.

LOL! laugh.gif

I know people from Jimboomba - it could be classed as "some crazy outback town" ! If it wasn't outer suburbs of Brisbane!

Ruth

#11 Bangas

Bangas

Bangas Loves Mash!!!

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,566 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

biggrin.gif WOW Thank you so much Guys, i knew i could count on all of you.

I wish i could take you all out for some Bubbly as a big thank you! biggrin.gif

I should have remembered your post on your DIY Pen, Brett. It was fantastic, it sticks out in my mind. biggrin.gif

Thank you so much Gentle for the offer, unfortunatly im not after that many, just a few.
I want to start making/designing up some Headwear to go with my dress.

Im after Red, or White, i can colour.........

Thank you so much for the links and suggestions.

You Guys, Rock!!! wink.gif

Luv Jules.xxx

#12 Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen

Centurion

• avid user
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:24 PM

Bangas how many do you need - I am happy to sell you just a few! They are only white though.

I am not going use them as my wedding was 8 months ago (yesterday! eek) and they are just sitting there. Let me know. No dramas if you don't need them though!

#13 kirsty2000

kirsty2000

• New User
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(Bangas @ Jun 20 2007, 11:26 PM) View Post

I was wondering if anyone would know of wear i could find Ostrich Feathers, Full One's.

My head has gone completly blank, Duh! blink.gif and i love getting all you fantastic replies of help and advice, Aww wub.gif

Jules.xxx

Hi Jules, check out website www.DecorativeWaterCrystals.com. they sell ostrich feathers in different length and also other products to decorate for weddings too. Their price is one of the cheapest I have found.

QUOTE(Bangas @ Jun 20 2007, 11:26 PM) View Post

Jules.xxx

Hi Jules, check out www.DecorativeWaterCrystals.com. They sell ostrich feathers at different length and at very low price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users