Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: March 2006
Weddings, Babies and Life in General > www.i-do.com.au - WEDDING FORUM > Wedding Twins
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
Kathy W
Hi Saffire,

I thought about doing the wedding planner thing for Amanda but then you are paying out more money for something that you can do yourself (even with the hassles) its been fun and having this web site has also helped with different tips and ideas on how to cut costs.

Kathyxxx
--M--
yeah I agree this website has helped me so much, im glad I stumbled apon it
Kathy W
Hi Girls,

Has anyone thought of having a video room at their receptions?

Its somewhere for the guests to go and leave a message for B/G.

Kathyxx
Dancing Girl
Wow, Saffire, that sounds amazing!!! biggrin.gif You are going to have a ball. I went to Europe @6 yrs ago and really enjoyed it. Paris was amazing, so much history. The only bad point was that a lot (not all, but a lot) of the French did have bad attitudes!! (hopefully I haven't offended anyone with French blood!)

We won't really have that many family/friends from O/S, so will probably leave for ours 2 or 3 days after.
Kathy W
Hi again,

Another question are any of you naming the tables at reception following the theme of your wedding?

Im full of questions today!

Kathyxxx
--M--
A video room is a great idea. Normally at weddings Ive been to, someone who tapes the wedding ( a rellie not a professional) usually walks around getting everyone to give a message. Its funny to watch all of the drunk messages that are recorded

Naming tables? Im not sure I understand what you mean? Do you have an example?
Kate S
Hi girls!

Havent been at work this week cos I was in a car accident on Saturday. Got hit from behind as I was turning into a carpark, hit an old man (he went OVER the car, not under thank god!) then ran into a pole sad.gif Everyone is ok, but it was bloody scary.

My car has been written off, and I work about 40 mins out the back of nowhere, no public transport, and noone that works up there lives down here, so no work for me - which also means no pay, as Im on a contract.

Hope everything is going well for you all!

Hopefully I'll get back here (to mums) to chat either later today or tomorrow.

Kate xoxoxo
Kathy W
OMG Kate,

I hope everything is ok.Bummer not having a car/no pay not what you need at the moment.

Take care

Kathyxxx
Kathy W
Ellerson,

Naming table ideas:

Beach theme-you could have beach name tables ie:Mooloolaba beach,Caloundra beach etc.

Pink theme-you could have different names for pink ie:Barbie pink,fuchia pink etc

Romance theme-you could have romantic movie/song names.

Kathyxx
--M--
omg kate sorry to hear about your car crash, but very glad your ok. I bet thats all you need, to have your car written off, ya poor thing

Hope the old guy was ok?

Dancing Girl
Kate, that is terrible. And how scary for you to hit somebody ohmy.gif That would completely freak me out. Thank god, both you and he are O.K!

no car = no pay = completely shi!!y timing for you when you are trying to save. Are you covered by insurance? That is now both you and Laurette with busted cars - freaky unsure.gif

hopefully you can get back on the road and back to work soon.
Dancing Girl
Kathy,

I have never heard of a video room either, but it sounds like a great idea!! Maybe I could have a video corner at the back of our reception room??? Is Amanda having a room?

As Jase & I are both wine lovers, instead of table numbers, we are having wine style table names (shiraz, chardonnay etc).
Kathy W
QUOTE (Dancing Girl @ May 25 2005, 12:18 PM)
Kathy,

I have never heard of a video room either, but it sounds like a great idea!! Maybe I could have a video corner at the back of our reception room??? Is Amanda having a room?

As Jase & I are both wine lovers, instead of table numbers, we are having wine style table names (shiraz, chardonnay etc).

Hi Jo,

I Amanda will probably have something like a video room we havent really discussed it yet.

As we are wine lovers to I loooooove the wine names for tables.

Kathyxxx
--M--
what about naming the tables with locations of dates/where you first met etc, with something underneath the name of the table to give a quick explanation of what the night was like, where he took you on first date, where u met etc, just to give the guests a litle insight into how the couple met and what the early days were like.

I think this would work well for our wedding, as Neils family is in Vic, mine is in QLD and his family has no idea how we met etc as we were both up in qld and they would have missed out on a lot

sorry if this doesnt make sense - blame the wine

ps GO QUEENSLAND

pps I am very excited, I have a plane ticket booked for next wednesday to go home to my boy - its been 1 1/2 weeks since I have seen him and miss him terribly sad.gif I go back to mlebourne next wed, 1st JUNE (our 4 yr anniversary!!) tongue.gif
Saffire
Yay Qld!

Kate sorry to hear about your accident - I hope you're ok! Wouldn't be worth it to rent a bomb just to get to work? Hope things work out soon!!!

I love the table theme idea! I'm not quite up to that part yet but will definitely revisit it when I get there. Still haven't decided what colour theme.....

And Kathy that video room sounds great. I wonder if there is a way you can have it self-operating in a corner as opposed to having someone over there all night...

Ellerson - is your man in Melbourne? I'll bet you're excited! 4 Years - congrats!!

--M--
Yep he is in melb working hard while im up in brissie visiting my brother for a few weeks. smile.gif
Saffire
Ellerson - well enjoy the Brissie weather. We had some really nice weather over the last couple of weeks but its finally turned cold and a little rainy (but rain is good). I'm having 3 sets of visitors from Brisbane over the next month or so and they're just in time for winter!

Which part of Melbourne are you in?
--M--
Yeah neil said it was freezing in melb last night.

We only just moved to melb about 2 weeks ago, and I havent even seen my new house yet - as I had to come up here (family probs) so Im very excited ot be able to see my new house. Its in Yallambie
Kathy W
QUOTE (ellerson82 @ May 25 2005, 08:36 PM)
what about naming the tables with locations of dates/where you first met etc, with something underneath the name of the table to give a quick explanation of what the night was like, where he took you on first date, where u met etc, just to give the guests a litle insight into how the couple met and what the early days were like.

Ellerson,

I love this idea will have to mention it to Amanda

Kathyxx
Dancing Girl
I love that idea too. It would also be a great ice-breaker for those guests who didn't know one another because you would want to walk around reading the other tables "stories" and mingle.

Congrats in advance for your 4 yr anniversary!! Bet you're happy to be heading home. Hope things are getting better for your brother.

I think I read that it is Leesha's birthday today, so if you're around Leesha - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWINNIE!!! Hope it's a good one!
--M--
I had a brilliant idea at 3am this morning when I coudnt sleep (well i thoght it was brilliant anyway lol) HOw about in the middle of the reception some time, Neil and I get up, as like game show hosts to play a trivia game? questions such as where did we meet, when did he propose etc (the answers will be on the cards in the middle of each table, the table naming cards) and we can give the correct answers a prize or something.

I just thought it might liven up the night, get people interacting and feel like they are contributing to the night. Noting worse than a boring reception. Would work well for us as we are having a relaxed reception anyway.
Saffire
Hi Ellerson

I think your idea is fab! Sounds like you will have some very fun-loving guests at your wedding smile.gif

Mine will be full of relatives I don't know and have probably never met! And it would be too many guests (150 - 170) for me to organise anything... But think your idea is a really good one to break the ice and get the two sides of the family together...
Kathy W
Hi Girls,

Another thing you could do is have information about yourselves in a newspaper/small mag type thing that list everything about the two of you/your relationship and have them sitting at each guests seat.

You could list things like.

When you first met.

When you first started dating.

Where you first went out for tea as a couple.

When he asked you to marry him and where.

The list is endless and all done up with head lines/gossip column/

Even a tounge in cheek star sign/future reading which could read baby predicted such and such date or house purchase predicted such and such date.

All of these things help bring ppl together as ppl love to talk about whats in the paper/mags.

Kathyxxx
Saffire
Kathy that is a brilliant idea!!!

I love it!
--M--
wow your having a huge wedding Saffire!! And here I am stressing over having 80 - 90 people.

We know everyone that is coming, I have met everyone in his family (there are heaps of them) and he has met my family. And only a few close friends will be attending. Only problem is that our families havent really met as they live at different ends of the country.

Kathy thats another great idea!
Dancing Girl
One of my BM's did a trivia quiz thing, like you mentioned Michelle, at their wedding. It was very different, but everyone enjoyed it and it was very them.

I love your idea Kathy of a mag/newspaper!

Saffire, I'm having @150 people as well! wink.gif I would actually be happier having a lot less people but unfortunately a lot of them are family that I should invite and I'm not going to not invite close friends just to keep numbers down because they are the ones I most want there! It's easy to say just don't invite all the family, but I just couldn't do it. They are all very close to each other and I can't invite one without others without causing a lot of hurt feelings. So, I've just resigned myself to it. On the bright side, it will be good to see everybody together!!

Leesha
Hi Girls,

Just thought I would come back and let you know how the flowers went... I was quite happy meeting with the flower lady - my quote is below, let me know what you think.

Bride: 1 x posy - pink and white oriental lillies

Bridesmaids: 4 x smaller posy - mid pink oriental lilliums

Flowergirl (3 years): tiny posy - approx three oriental lilliums tied together

Buttonholes x 8 - white rose and leaf

Corsages x 5 Champagne spray roses

Total: $521.50

Does this sound okay? I am going to get quotes from a few other florists before I book anything though.

A few Marchies here having quite big weddings - ours will probably be around 160-180 depending... but if I was to have the traditional croation wedding like the rest of my reles have had then I would have been looking at 300-400 guests, but I couldn't get around inviting all of these people that I have either never seen or have not spoken to or seen since I was little... especially not at the amount our wedding is already costing us!

Hoping you girls are all going great - I am feeling a little bit merry at the moment, have been on a wine tour all day today to the Barossa Valley for my birthday... well must go girls, have dinner with the family shortly...

xxx Alicia xxx

Leesha
QUOTE (Kathy W @ May 25 2005, 10:25 AM)
Hi Girls,

Has anyone thought of having a video room at their receptions?

Its somewhere for the guests to go and leave a message for B/G.

Kathyxx

This is going to be done at our wedding, and is the gift from the reception venue to the bride and groom... except they have it all on big screen all night, so everyone can see what is happening, and then they will go around to each table and get the guests to say a message to us, but it's not heard - it just gets recorded straight onto the dvd that we get handed at the end of the night smile.gif

I am excited!!! Will be great to look back on, although blink.gif unsure.gif blink.gif not sure what some of our friends might say on it tongue.gif
Kathy W
Leesha,

Hope you had a happy birthday!!!!

Cant comment on flower quote as Amanda hasnt got that far yet but I think that is what she was expecting to pay.

Kathyxxx
--M--
Im sorry to do this, but I need to have a whinge about the whole bro/his wife situation. Something i found out today really upset me and I just need to get it out.

My nephew (8) told me this morning that his mum b!tched about me and questioned them about me when they saw her on the weekend. (Im here doing a favour looking after her kids mind you..)

Anyway he said that her and her mother were saying Im ugly and that my face is ugly! Yes I agree on that at the moment, its broken out cos of STRESS and hormones, but I mean how horrible is that to tell the kids about their aunty?

She has only seen me once since Ive been in brissie, thats when she broke into the house to see the kids at 7am one morning, I had just woken up cos I heard someone in the house - excuse me if I didnt look glamorous at 7am.

She can say whatever she likes about me, but I wish to God she woudlnt involve the kids in it - hey are going to be screwed up enough as it is without their mum turning them against our side of the family.

I could have easily turned around and told him, yeah well your mum is a skinny adulterous cow but someone has to show maturity here.

Ok sorry for that, my whinge is over sad.gif

ps. Im just sorry I even thought about having her as one of my bridesmaids
Dancing Girl
Michelle, she sounds like one huge A-grade B!TCH!!! How she can have the nerve to make bad comments after what she has done is beyond me mad.gif

Your beauty from within way outshines anything she could ever hope to achieve. What she has said is hurtful and unnecessary. And involving her kids is even more proof of her obvious lack of character mad.gif

All I can say is that she is one big moo-cow and it sounds like your brother and your family are better off without her!

Try not to let her comments hurt you too much (easier said than done, I know)!!

jo.
Kathy W
Ellerson,

Sorry to hear that your sister in law is being such a cow but as the saying goes those who are guilty find fault in everyone else and if they cant they turn nasty.

The best thing you can do is say nothing to your nephew or her as this makes you the better person in the long run.

What does she think saying those things to an 8 year old are going to achieve?
Dont worry about her you will be better for it and you brothers kids will survive this as long as you are there for them and not being as childish as she is.

Hang in there you will be back with your man soon.

Kathyxxx
excell0415
biggrin.gif Sorry to interupt. I'm a Feb girl but I just wanted to say hi and let Kathy know that I finally have a couple of pics. Not very good ones.
There is only 3 engagement photos so far hopeing to get more off family.
The first to are of FH and I and the third one is of my brother and I.

The other photos are where we are having our wedding. Photo 1. Is were I walk down the isle. No.2 is where the ceromony will be (minus the table and chairs.) and the other two photos is where photos will be. Sorry to disrupt
Kathy W

Thanks Simone,

You looked lovely.

Did everyone have a good weekend?Hows everything going with your car Kate?

Kathyxxxx
Kate S
Hi ladies.

Thanks for all your well wishes! I brought a car on saturday (nissan pulsar) so Im back at work.

Stupid me is still on her P's (after 3 years - just renewed my licence instead of upgrading it)... which meant that no hire car company would hire me a car, and my panel beater couldnt give me a courtesy car for the same reason. Maybe its time for me to do something about that rolleyes.gif

Glad everyones plans are coming along nicely!
Kathy W
Ellerson,

What anniversery is it you are celebrating?

You could maybe look at a pewter mug and have it engraved or something like that.Hard one to think about on a monday morning maybe my brain will warm up during the day and I will think of something else.

Kathyxxx
Kathy W
Kate,

Glad to see your back on four wheels again.Welcome back we missed you.How are your wedding plans coming along?

Kathyxxx
--M--
Hi Kathy, its just our 4 yr anniversary from the day we met/started going out. I woudlnt normally buy anything for anniversaries, and neither does he (he forgot my 21st birthday and all other anniversaries so Ive learnt not to expect much!) But it would be nice to give him something nice, also to say thanks for being so supportive with the brother situation and being so understanding when I had to come up to brisie
Kate S
Hi Kathy,

Havent put much thought into the wedding for the last week. Too stressed out trying to find a car, and deal with insurance/police etc.

Laurette did you get your car sorted out?

btw, on the panel beaters suggestion, I swapped from the 'main' car insurer to one of the other bigger insurance co's and have saved STACKS. My sister swapped over too... theyre great (admittedly - and thankfully - we havent made a claim with them, but their service so far has been fantastic.)
LLC
QUOTE (Dancing Girl @ May 27 2005, 10:30 AM)
Your beauty from within way outshines anything she could ever hope to achieve. What she has said is hurtful and unnecessary. And involving her kids is even more proof of her obvious lack of character mad.gif

All I can say is that she is one big moo-cow and it sounds like your brother and your family are better off without her!

Here here!

P'edMSL at that last line!

We are all here anytime you want to have a whinge Michelle - dont apologise for it!
LLC
Hey Kate - are you still stalking me? I have a Pulsar too!!! Mine is a 2002 model - white LS. Is yours the same?

I am glad to hear that you got a new car organised so fast and were able to get back to work. I hope that you dont have too much trouble with the police and insurance people.

Wow, you have all been so dedicated to this thread - it's great - I have been working my ass off the last few days, and I feel this strange sense of achievement - it might catch on!

I got my car back Thursday but there are still a few things that I'm not overly impressed about, but that will hopefully be sorted out today.
Kate S
No laurette I got a 99 Plus sedan. Its blue and beautiful. smile.gif

Police and insurance have been great bcos I wasnt at fault, but its just all the stuffing around... and WAITING... mad.gif

LLC
Well Kate, I guess the main thing is that you got it all organised, and hopefully it wont take too much longer until it's all cleaned up.

I went great guns this morning at work - this afternoon I seem to have fallen in a heap. Grr.

I was just getting up from my lounge at home at lunch and I got one of my nails caught on the material, and it pulled my nail (acrylic) right back. I wish that it had just snapped. It is so sore and all bloody and eew.

Just thought that I would share with you all.
Kate S
Yeah thats right!

Im suffering from Mondayitis pretty bad today. After a week off, its hard to get back into it.

Weve got prawns for dinner tonight tho, so Im just thinking about them... its getting me thru the day lol biggrin.gif
LLC
Prawns??? Awww, I want prawns.

Glenn and I are off to his parents house today for ten days to do another stint of house sitting.

It's like staying at a hotel compared to our house. Ahh, the luxury or having a bath and no drafts.
Saffire
Hi all!!

Gosh, I'm away from the PC for a few days and I totally lose track of what's happening tongue.gif

Ellerson - I tried the new vera wang for men and it is honestly deeeevine. Think I'm gonna pick some up for my man just because it smells great. Sorry to hear about your family problems. Good on you for helping out!

Congrats Kate on your new car!

Hope everyone's week's going well!
Kate S
Hi Saffire!

Im a bit wary of my new car ATM... I dont know why... could be intuition, or the fact that Im not used to it yet, but its not giving me good vibes. (I cant believe Im admitting this! H2b would KILL me!)

Im hoping that its just cos its new, and it was so unexpected... Im just not sure!

Im nearly at the halfway point of my week!!! YAY!!! Im having friday off to get the clutch fixed (I knew it was on its way out when I brought it!)

God Im bored today.

Hi Jo, I see you lurking.

And wheres Laurette today??? No wonder my day is dragging on.
Dancing Girl
Hi Girls,

How was everyone's weekend?

Kate, congrats on your new car. Very exciting biggrin.gif And now you can get to work, you can come and chat to us again!!

Michelle, aftershave is a nice idea. What one did you get? Only 1 sleep to go now!

Jase & I had our Engagement Party on the weekend. It was a Sunday B'que lunch and went really well. It was so nice having all our good friends celebrate with us. Jase & I have been together for over 6 years and we have NEVER introduced our parents. My Dad is a bit of a shocker and we both thought that our fathers would clash. So the party was the first time they had met. Our mothers weren't there as they both live a distance away and couldn't make it. Unbelievably, our Dad's got on like a house on fire and got totally pi$$ed together!!! It was quite funny (and very relieving). Hopefully this bodes well for the wedding!! wink.gif Here are a few pictures. I have more which I will load, but it takes so bloody long!!!! Anyway, we had a really nice day and got heaps of great presents. It was very humbling. Now we have to find a home for them all!!!

Hope everyone is well.

Jo.
Saffire
Congrats on the successful party Jo! Sounds like everyone had a ball!

Our engagement party was very nerve-wracking for me. My parents are divorced and I generally don't put them in the same room together - not for the last 10-15 years at least! It was the first time my step mum met my mum. It went really well (all things considered) and they all met my future in-laws.

Kate I think all new cars take time to get used to. Just sit in there and do your nails or something tongue.gif Pulsars are a great car!
Kate S
Jo you look so happy! Your ring is devine!!!! I love it! and your invites look fab!

Our engagement party was AWESOME...

It was a little bit unorganised but it was unreal! We had the best night ever. It was the first night all our families met and everyone got on like a house on fire.

Im getting the warm fuzzies thinking about it!!! smile.gif

Im sure I will get used to the car, but Id rather have my old one (and the $2k Im now out of pocket cos of the accident)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.