Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: March 2006
Weddings, Babies and Life in General > www.i-do.com.au - WEDDING FORUM > Wedding Twins
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
Saffire
OK, Laurette you've busted me. I'm somewhat embarassed to post this as I feel extremely spoilt and undeserving tongue.gif

When we were in New York, Alex wanted to buy me a wedding present which also doubled up as a birthday present. I had bought him the blue-box cufflinks (same ones as Jo's!) engraved with our wedding date 180306 on the back of them.

This is the beautiful stunner that Alex bought me - he picked it out himself. If we weren't married I'd think he were gay he has such great taste in jewellry:)

user posted image

When there's better light I might try taking a picture of it on my finger (it goes on the middle finger of my right hand) smile.gif

Any news Michelle? How's the thesis going Amanda?

Laurette
Wow... Chloe, it is sensational!

You know that now we need new pics of your wedding ring and e ring together - we havent see one since you have been MARRIED! And I want to see one of your right hand too, please?

Oh, and while you're going, the order form for a hubby like Alex would be great too, if you dont mind.

I am having a shit day. TTC is getting me down... big time. And I got stood up by a friend, which is really annoying the shit out of me at the moment. I am seriously pissed off.

Oh well, what can you do.

I ammmaking chicken parmigana for dinner to make myself feel better. It's one of my fave foods.

Michelle, I miss you! Please come back and give us another update on all things you wub.gif
--M--
Hi gals just checking in to update about N. He came home Friday very upset because he was no longer going to Afghanistan, but is on the reserve list so if someone gets sick or injured he will be going over. If he doesnt go this yr he will go sometime next yr so I need to accept it.

I think I am finally over this illness I have had, I got rid of the rash last week now Im just left with a mouth full of ulcers which is just a sign of low immune system. But hopefully after this I will be all good. I played netball yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks and it nearly killed me.

Laurette - when do you move? Im sorry your feeling down sad.gif Im sorry that your friend let you down, there is nothiing worse. Sorry but I wont be joining you in TTC, somedays I think I would love a newborn bub but then I hear the kids over the road trying to kill each other and then hear the mother go nuts and them screaming and swearing, it scares me. I dont think I could handle a kid just yet. I am looking to get a puppy soon though.

Chloe - wow you are so lucky... I love the bracelet.

Amanda how is the theisis going?

Does everyone else have a public holiday today or is it just here?
Laurette
PS Michelle - Chloe's bracelet is a ring

Yeah, I think that you are the only one with a public holiday, although it is Labour day in QLD, so maybe they have the day off too. Not sure. You would know though… Us putz’s in NSW are still slaving away though. I cant believe that it’s almost half way through the day, the morning has gone pretty quick. I need to do something to pass the last half hour before lunch…

Have you been watching big brother Michelle?

Thanks for the kind words – feeling a bit better today.

In some ways, it’s good news that Neil has been taken off the first list to go OS, but still bad news that he might have to go sooner or later anyway. As we have previously all said, we are here for you anytime! Chloe and I will post EVERY day, but everyone else has to keep their end of the bargain up too – we cant have those September girls overtaking us – not at all cool.

I cant believe that we are a third of the way through the year already. That’s gone so fast.

We’re also almost at our two month anniversaries! Yipee! Only 10 more days to go for me smile.gif smile.gif

I will update again soon about our moving situation…
magnetique
Far out! No holiday here, just slaving away on the thesis. Seems that whatever I am writing keeps coming back for more work. oh well, what can you do?

Amanda
--M--
Oops sorry Chloe - your ring is beautiful! It was so sparkly I thought it was a bracelet! Lucky thing..

Laurette - no because I live in a shit hole of a town, we dont get big brother here. Damn Im even surprised we have electricity and running water dry.gif

Yeah I think I worked out yesterday Ive been married for 44 days, I said to neil its like nothing has changed just have some more bling on my finger. We certainly fight like an old married couple though haha.
Laurette
Ha ha Michelle! Actually, I havent seen a pic of your rings together! That might be a good project for you now on your day off! Take a piccie for me please!

I waited for so long to get this ring on my finger (the wedder) and now I cant just be happy with that can I??? Nope, I'm already ready for another one! But then I wont have anything to look forward to after that! PMSL.

Bugger about the TV reception. I'm guessing that Darwin really isnt your favourite place!

Amanda, do you need any help? I reckon that we should all write 100 words on Amanda's thesis topic and then she can mark us!?!?! he he
--M--
Im pretty sure I have posted a pic of my ring somewhere? I will have a look. Yeah I cant say I love it here, but I dont exactly hate it either. Just feeling very homesick since the wedding which is crazy because I havent lived in Qld for 2 yrs. Also the constant heat and humidity, mildew, ants and midgies are hard to take as well laugh.gif

I would love to help Amanda but Im afraid that might do more harm than good ohmy.gif
Laurette
What are midgies?
--M--
sandfly type things. Can fit through screens on doors and bite you, actually they urinate on you which is itchy as hell, even a few days later still itchy.

I notice Amanda in the true bride comp, anyone else going to enter?
Laurette
Yes, I saw that and have voted for you Amanda!

I am going to enter for next month, I think. Michelle and Chloe, will you go with me?
magnetique
Oh thanks Gals! Mum conned me into entering!

There are a few other I-Doers in there, interesting to see who gets through.

This thesis is driving me NUTS!

AK
--M--
I dont know if I will enter Laurette.. we'll see. TBH I doubt I'd get any votes and Im not going to ask ppl to vote for me. I would definately vote for you though!! smile.gif smile.gif
magnetique
Ha! I have been asking....I've put it in my sig. No shame, I tells ya!

A
--M--
LOL amanda. You dont need to ask people to vote for you - they already would wub.gif I think you had one of the most beautiful weddings I have seen.

Laurette
I have already voted from my work address, Amanda, will vote again from both home ones ( ph34r.gif ) when I get there tonight...

Thanks Michelle, I have now entered, so will be calling for that vote in about a month!

Amanda, I hope that you will also return the favour and vote for me?? (Next month it will be)

Michelle, I will vote for you if you enter! I think that it will be fun, though I doubt very much whether I will get to the finals!
Laurette
Michelle's right, Amanda, your wedding photos are amazing - all the work that you and Kathy did, certainly paid off!
magnetique
Awwww shucks gals! Thanks a bunch!

Laurette, you have my vote when you need it, just let me know when!

Michelle, if you go in, you have my vote too.

Chat soon,

Amanda
Laurette
I reckon that Chloe might enter for me wub.gif
--M--
ok i just voted, but not sure if it will count, when i clicked on vote it came up with outlook express, i dont ever use that hmm. I might just copy the address and vote from my gmail account. Oh and my yahoo and hotmail accounts just to be sure it has worked wink.gif
--M--
I just asked my lovely supportive hubby if I should enter, and he just laughed laugh.gif There is my answer.
--M--
OMG I just noticed - you see ebony wake in the list - I believe she is Ebobily sp? who used to frequent this thread the dress looks familiar. Havent seen a post from her for ages. Well done chickie you look gorgeous!!
magnetique
Thanks Michelle wink.gif

I think if you copy it to another program, like hotmail, gmail etc you have to make sure you get the email right, and also, you have to make sure you get the voting reference right....hubby did it before from his hotmail account, and there are no issues at present....

A
Laurette
Yeah, you can do it from any email as long as you have them both right... going to check out Ebony now!
Laurette
What happened to the size of your link in your sig, Amanda???

Yep, that is our EBOBBLY... Hmm, wonder where she got to??

Why did he laugh at you Michelle ph34r.gif ????
magnetique
Laurette - I downsized. Thought I was being a bit OTT!!!!!

I really have to go and write this Bi@tcH of a thesis.

Is anyone getting into BB06?

I finished with Biggest Loser and dont want to risk losing all my life to more reality TV!
magnetique
Hey gang,

Some light entertainment....here are my babies with their new knitted jumpers from 'Granny' Kath:

user posted image
magnetique
user posted image
magnetique
user posted image
Saffire
Amanda - those jumpers are just too cute!!!!! Those puppies are just too cute!!!!

Errm... Kathy I have 2 puppies.. small to medium sized.. probably about the same size as Amandas.... Hint Hint! Big nudge nudge!! tongue.gif

I've just had 2 full days of meetings. Which explains why I've missed out on the activity in here these past two days - keep it up girls! Laurette's right, we can't have others taking over wink.gif

Laurette I'll vote for you!!! I have a few email accounts too I can use. Just let me know when its up.

Not sure about entering myself - the money sure sounds good. Will talk with the hubby and see what he thinks smile.gif Don't you need to have suppliers that support the site or soemthing or other??? Not sure how it works.

Will get onto voting for you tomorrow Amanda - have to log into my work laptop to ensure I vote from that email too smile.gif

Hope you are feeling better Laurette. How's the house hunting going? We've been searchign on the net and everything down here is so fr$#king expensive! Think I will pitch a tent and just save the money...

Michelle - how do you feel about Neil's news? At first when I read your post I was like, Yay for Michelle! Then I thought, well if he has to go next year then which is better? now or later? Perhaps the situation over there will sort itself out miraculously and later won't be necessarily? I take it that Neil was keen to go over there?

Oh yeah, hehehe that was a ring not a bracelet. Off to go tell Alex he should consider a matching bracelet for future present ideas... hahah much bigger so that would cost a whole heap more wink.gif

Jo? You okay? Anyone hear from Kate? I just thought, hey, she must be married by now too!

Over and out for me. I'm off to bedsies...

Love Chloe. XOXOXOXOXOXO
magnetique
Chloe,

Not sure if I told you, but I love that pic of you in the sig. I was reading some posts the other day and saw your dress compared to Jackie O's. Man, Edyta did a fantastic job! I cannot say enough how great you looked! smile.gif

Now I believe mum is generally happy to knit anything (within her skill level) you just need to send her the wool...PM her if you are keen for anything, she needs some stuff to pass the time!! Hehe, sorry to drop you in the poop mum!

Thanks in advance for the votes Chloe...don't know what my chances are like, but you gotta be in it to win it I guess...

We are thinking on hunting for a new house soon, but we are hanging on til interest rates peak and then we will take advantage of someone needing to sell quickly....we arent in any hurry....need to save money from a certain little function held earlier this year wink.gif

Michelle - I've been meaning to ask your thoughts on the Kovco case. i guess the serviceman's partners / spouses forum you are on would be flooded with comments and the like? it seems a very unusual case.

Well, better get going with work. Chat to you all later.

Amanda
Saffire
Aww Thanks Amanda smile.gif We were all very happy with the dress. I was worried when I picked it up that it might look too princess-y (sweetheart neckline) but I got over it and it was perfect on the day!

Ok, do I just send the email with your reference number in the subject line? Is that how I vote? Do I need to ptu your name or anything in the message?

Going to a hen's night on Friday - trying to think of some games to play while we are out...
Laurette
Yes, I have emailed Kate - she's due to get married next Sat, the 13th May. I havent heard back from her though, I emailed her work email, maybe she's already on holidays. I will text/ring her on the weekend if she hasnt replied by then.

I thought that you already owned a house down there Chloe... well, there you go. I dont feel so bad about renting now... ha ha.

Well, our new lounge arrived today. It's too big for the lounge room. We have a dilemma. I will assess the issue at lunch time and work out what we are going to do. Must find somewhere bigger to live in Young.

All you have to do is the email with the vote and reference number in the subject line. If you generate one from the site, then you will be able to see which format it needs to be in.

I just got rung up and asked to be in a fashion parade on the weekend - wedding dresses through the ages, and I am about the only person that got married recently here in town, so they asked me to do it. I havent had my dress dry cleaned yet, so I am hesitant, but it's for charity. I have chucked my hoop out as well. I might be able to hire one though, see what happens.

I told them that I would let them know tomorrow. Would you girls do it?

Chloe, I reckon you looked better than Jackie O.

Kathy, my dog's name is Boo Boo and she has a little friend named Belle wink.gif

--M--
Hi girls lets see if this post works I-do is being temperamental tonight.

My thoughts on Neil going away - I have to accept it I guess. Its his job, and although he is always away on exercises in Oz Im cool with that, just scared to think of him in a war zone. I said to him maybe its better that he goes next yr, maybe things may have calmed down a bit (doubt it)
I could handle 3 or 4 months away, but 6 months = half a year. Its a BIG ask to spend 1/2 a yr away from your new husband. He went to Timor for 3 months and that was the worst time of my life, dad died while he was over there and because we werent recognised as "defacto" back then, they didnt care about me and it was days before I could get onto him. Sucks.

My thoughts on the death of the soldier in Iraq - very tragic. That is my worst nightmare. I feel even more sorry for the wife and family over the stuff up with his body etc, and the fact that his death has been covered by the media like gossip.

Ok enough of that.

Laurette - can you post a pic of your new lounge? I love perving on furniture, day dreaming about how nice new furniture would be. I cant get new lounges for a while, my cat enjoys using them as scratching posts, and I would be very wary of buying in Darwin with the mould and mildew and heat they would get wrecked..Oh by the way
I would definately jump at the oportunity to wear my dress again.

Chloe - You SO need to enter the bride comp. It would be a national disaster if a beautiful wedding such as yours didnt get recognised wub.gif wub.gif

Speaking of house hunting etc we dont know what to do. We have a $140,000 piece of land in Townsville that needs to be built on by the end of this year according to the covenent. We dont want to build unless we actually live in the house, because a) we miss out on first home owners grant and cool.gif we miss out on an army grant that you get for living in the house sooooo we may get it valued and sell it, and then look for a house in Darwin. We could live in it until we get posted out of here (19 MONTHS TIL WE CAN LEAVE - AND COUNTING!! WHOOHOOO blink.gif ) and then rent it out to DHA (defence housing authority) as they guarentee you rent for so many years and they generally make sure houses are looked after. We want to get into the market before it gets too expensive.

Thats all, take it easy gals
xoxo

ps. feeling better, the rash has finally gone just have a mouth full of ulcers due to low immune system now dry.gif
--M--
hey Chloe - chances are - that I will be in Melb in June for a wedding (IF neil isnt on exercise) its at Mt Dandenong - am I going to freeze my ass of up there? I never went there while I lived in VIC. What does one wear to a winter wedding any ideas??
Laurette
Shit, I just wrote a whole long post and then lost it when I tried to post it.

Well, Michelle - it's great to see you back here. I miss you heaps, love you more, we need to keep in better contact wub.gif I've discovered this past week that good friends are hard to find - I need to start taking better care of mine, I think. That's my 'end of the first third of the year resolution'.

Firstly, huge congratulations to Beck - who is PREGNANT! I cant believe that she hasnt been in here to tell us! Beck, promise me that you will cherish every second of it - it's a huge blessing. wub.gif

Michelle, sorry to hear about Neil. I guess that we can only hope that things change between now and then and that he doesnt have to go. And should he go, you tell us when you need us and we will be here, I promise. You have many wonderful friends in this little group, and while we cant be there with you IRL, we are in your mind, whether you like it or not. You can ring me at any time you like you know! (but this time, if you're going to ring from a private number, text me and tell me first - otherwise I wont answer! PMSL)

I am up and awake at this time of night because I amsleeping in the front room....Glenn is giving me the shits and I have to have some personal sleep time. I wrote a big long whing explaination in my last post, btu I cant be bothered again. let's just say that the honeymoon is OVER.

Chloe, you have to enter the comp. I got me email back today to confirm that I am a June entrant wub.gif would be great if you were there with me wub.gif

Now, furniture phtoos.... ask and ye shall receive
Laurette
The back of the three seater

user posted image
Laurette
the side of the two seater

user posted image
Laurette
The three seater

user posted image
Laurette
the two seater

user posted image
Laurette
The three seater again

user posted image
Laurette
The table

user posted image
Laurette
The table again

user posted image
Laurette
The runner and candelabra

user posted image
Laurette
The entertainment unit (complete with Huey)

user posted image
Laurette
and again

user posted image
magnetique
Hey Laurette, I love it. Where did you get it all from again? We have been looking at furniture, we have a nice freedom here which has so much nice stuff. Oh well, what can you do?

Michelle, good to hear from you. My fingers are crossed for a good outcome for you.

Congratulations Beck! The first one out of all of us!!! Incidentally Laurette, how are you going? If the said honeymoon is over and you keep retiring to the lounge, youre stifling your chances honey!!!! Get back into it!!!!!! tongue.gif

Jo has been quiet this week....as has my mother....wonder where they are and what they are up to?

Anyway, its 5:30am, just thought I'd pop in and check all the action before heading off to start writing for the day. My god it kills me....I just cannot wait for it to be over. 3 months to go.

A
magnetique
Forgot to add....Laurette, definately go in the fashion parade. I went in one last year before our wedding (modelling other dresses) it was a hoot. It gave me good ideas for flowers, because we had to practice holding them. Actually we have a fashion parade in town later this year, where they have a bridal competition...you have to model your wedding dress if you got married in the last few years and you can win a trip to Hamilton island. This post wedding competition business is quite lucrative, isnt it!

magnetique
Oh and Chloe....two words - penis cake. Thats all you need for a successful hens. And pin the donger on the dude!

user posted image
magnetique
Just realised I didn't post any hens piccies! Here's mum and I post-pin the the donger on the dude. What a pair of hotties.

user posted image

I've neglected to post the one of mum force feeding me penis cake for the safety of the viewers. Its a family show after all!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.