Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: March 2006
Weddings, Babies and Life in General > www.i-do.com.au - WEDDING FORUM > Wedding Twins
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
Kathy W
Hi all,

Chloe,

Love the colour scheme sage is such a pretty colour and you dont see it being used that much.

Michelle,

At least with your sister getting dress made it will be perfect.

Laurette,

The colour im thinking of is maybe teal or gun metal grey I would like to have red but i wore red to amanda's e-party + she is having pink bm's and thinks the red might clash.

She just rang and is at the moment out dress shopping with Paddy's mum the colour dress she has picked so far is deep purple.
Glad to see you have picked your invitations now as you said the hard task of finalising guest list.

kathyxxx
Laurette
Oh, Kathy - that is the colour that my mum wants also! Gun metal grey is what she has decided on. Just to find an outfit in that colour though!
Kathy W
QUOTE (Laurette @ Aug 29 2005, 01:07 PM)
Oh, Kathy - that is the colour that my mum wants also! Gun metal grey is what she has decided on. Just to find an outfit in that colour though!

Yeah i love both of those colours its just a mater of finding an outfit that i like in that colour.

If i cant find one i might get material and have my friend who is a dressmaker make it for me in the same style as no.10 in the photos.

Just got a call from where i used to work my old boss wants me to work there this weekend for a wedding reception so that will be good as i get a few more ideas on what not and what to do for Amanda.

kathyxxx
Laurette
I wonder why my avatar has changed back to my old one?
--M--
Maybe your avatar needed a change Laurette hehe.

Do you like mine? I think its cool!

Chloe - the colour scheme is very nice, it will look very elegant.
Laurette
I think that I fixed it now. I definelty love your avatar!

I am going to make a new signature tonight, I liked this one but then when I had to make it smaller it went all wobbly.

Hey girls, what do you think of my BM's in a gunmetal (dark silver) colour instead of the black?

I want to have white and pale pink roses, and I think that the pale pink would look better against the grey rather than the black?

Thanks
Laurette
Dancing Girl
Hi Girls,

Kathy - I love #10 as well. #2 is also really nice. And gun-metal grey or teal would both look gorgeous. Especially against the bridesmaids. Good luck finding something in the right colour ready made. biggrin.gif

Laurette - good to see you again. I wondered where you went! Best of luck with the job. I hope you hear from the GM soon. And.....I LOVE your dress. It's just beautiful. The beading on the back beside the lacing looks gorgeous. (and congrats on losing some weight. biggrin.gif Nice comments like the one you got will give you motivation to keep going.) And in response to your last post, I think either black or gun metal grey would look great on the BM's. They both complement pink so well, but my personal preference is the grey/silver if you can find the right fabric and colour.

Chloe - your colour theme is beautiful. You'll have to post some pics of the Japanese paper you are using for your invitations.

Michelle - glad your first day went O.K. Love your new Avatar laugh.gif LOL, it's a classic.

I picked up my stationery/papers for my invites on the weekend, so can start working on those. I also picked up some sample choccies which unfortunately ( tongue.gif ), we have to taste test, so we can choose flavours for the bonbons. That's about it for me. Slowly but surely, things get done!

Jo.
--M--
Hey girls, what do you think of my BM's in a gunmetal (dark silver) colour instead of the black?

The dark silver might look softer than the black. Either colour will look stunning!
Kathy W
Hi all,

After searching high and low Amanda has chosen her bouquet and the picture of it will also be on her invitations.

Amanda's bouquet

kathyxx
Kathy W
Laurette,

I think the gunmetal grey/dark silver would look great with the guys in black and the pink flowers.

Just make sure you let your mum know as you dont want her in the same colour as bm's.

Michelle,

Love the avatar biggrin.gif Hows the new job going???

Kathyxx
--M--
Very nice bouquet Kathy. I love it.

My job is ok, apart from dealing with a few dero's in a dodgy location its ok! Im living for my pay days.

Oh I got my quote, for a brides bouquet with silk roses and crystals, 2 BM bouquets with roses and crystals, 3 flowergirl circlets for their hair, and 3 corsarges for the boys = $350. I was pretty happy with that quote from Sue, I will wait to see pics of the colours she had chosen then give her the go-ahead!!

Michelle xox
snickers
well good and bad news. The good news is that my dressmaker is great, shes nice and friendly has great ideas and will do what i want. The bad news is that i cant find the colour i want in the material i need. I went to a few fabric store - one with her so i know what to look out for. I did find some material but need her to check it out. Its abit thinner than the ones we looked at. Its a purple-pink colour (not too purple not too pink, just right!! LOL) Fingers crosses that i can use it. And it happens to be twice as much as the other fabrics we looked at too which is a bit of a bummer..
Laurette
Snickers, bummer about the dress fabric! In the end if it's what you want and she says OK, will you go ahead with it?

Glad to hear that all is OK with the job Michelle. I work full time and still hang out for my pay, which is only monthly...

Kathy, I see what you mean about the dress and mum's options. I have talked about it with her, and she is OK with it. She doesnt have an outfit yet anyway.

I love Amanda's bouquet - great idea about using it with the invitations too.

I am just thinking that if I have the girls in black, then it will mean that I will have to have bright coloured flowers, but if I have the grey/silver dresses, then I will be able to get lighter pink flowers for them. I have decided on pale pink and white roses for us, me with more white than pink, and them with more pink than white. But I will also have to wait until the dress arrives, so that I can check out the colours of the beading in the sun. Can't be too careful!
ebbi
hello ladies how is everyone?

Laurette - omg your dress is beautiful!! Well done!

Snickers - too bad about the material hopefully somthing will work out!

Kathy - all the mob outfits are great, i guess it just comes down to what looks good on you and what you feel comphy in!

Everyone sounds very organised!!

Laurette
I found the shoes that I love... Italian, Crystals.... matching price tag. they're about twice the price of my dress. I think not. if Glenn was worried about me spending a grand on a dress, I doubt that I would be able to spend it on a pair of shoes... oh well.

I even tried searching Ebay in the hope someone wanted to recoup some money on theirs, but alas no.

I have spoken to one bridesmaid about the intendd change of dress colour, and she is happy with the idea, agrees that it would be better if i am wanting to have light pink flowers.

I am happy with that anyway.

We thought that if we cant get the dress in that colour, then we might see what's around in patterns and get them made. So goes the plan anyway. Still have to consult with the other two though.

I'm in the middle of an argument with Glenn because he came home from work with an attitude and got cranky because I hadnt put the rubbish bin in the back lane... hello, it's about the only house work that he does.

Anyways, I heard back from the GM of that company, I have an interview in Wollongong next Saturday the 10th... Thought that I might check out what Kate is up to and see if she's free for lunch. Wanna come down to the Gong for the arvo Jo?

I texted Kate on the weekend, but got no reply! Will try again now
Kathy W
Laurette,

Great that you found your shoes laugh.gif not great about the price sad.gif

Buy a lotto ticket you never know you might win biggrin.gif Then you can buy a pair with real diamonds.

As for glenn and the garbage bin give him a gentle reminder that its his job and the only one he has to do.If you start doing it he will expect you to do it all the time.DONT GIVE IN!!!!

If you see kate say hello for me and tell her to get on here and fill us in on how she is going with her wedding plans.

Gotta go order some flowers my friend had a baby girl this morning all is well another baby to spoil biggrin.gif

kathyxxx
--M--
Laurett the sig with white roses is very nice!

Well Im a bit down re: my job. You can read about my woes in The Sauna, I am ready to tell them to shove it up their *you know what* but its only the fact that I have a wedding coming up that I am staying..

Very confused at the moment as to what I should do...
Laurette
Oh bugger, off to have a look now smile.gif
Dancing Girl
QUOTE (Laurette @ Aug 30 2005, 09:42 PM)
Thought that I might check out what Kate is up to and see if she's free for lunch. Wanna come down to the Gong for the arvo Jo?

I'd love too, but unfortunately I have a wedding on that day sad.gif I actually have three weddings to go to this month - on the 10th, 17th and 24th!!! Talk about crazy season. Best of luck in the interview though, and say hello to Kate for me. smile.gif

Snickers, hope the fabric you found is O.K to use. Pity it is more expensive. Maybe you will be able to track it down somewhere else.

Michelle, sorry to hear the job is already causing your grief. i'm off to check out the Sauna now!

jo.
xx
Laurette
That's a pity Jo.

I finally got a text back from Kate last night - she didnt sound real happy? Probably sick of all my messages asking why she's not replying! Turns out she has been out of credit for ages.

She isnt able to meet up with me that Saturday either! I hope that becg might be able to come into town or something! I cant come all the way down and not see one of the girls!

Glenn and I had a big talk about the job situation last night, and now I am just not really sure what I want to do. Should I stay where it's safe or should I stick my neck out... Glenn's theory is 'better the devil you know' I think that he is just worries about me being away from home more, whereas when I spoke to my nan about staying with them when I go to Wollongong, she was 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'. I personally, am more inclined to agree with her. I really feel the need to contribute to the house-buying plan, and if I get another job like these ones, then I get a car, which means that I can sell mine, and that's more money that we have towards our deposit and so on. I dont know - I am a bit up in arms about it really.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

And to top it all off, the BM dresses dont come in grey or gunmetal.. only pale silver, which I dont want.

Urgh.
Laurette
What? No posts for nearly three days? Gee, thought that I was more exciting than that!
Saffire
*pin drops*

*dink!*

Laurette - career decisions are always hard. I guess you might weigh up the pros and cons of either choice. Acknowledge the monetary benefit of 'sticking your neck out' but try to take that out of the equation and really analyse the different jobs - what would you be doing, which company is better, do you like the people there? At the end of the day, all the money in the world won't trade off a really crap unhappy working environment. Then stick the money aspect back into it and see if you come up with decision.

You can always change your mind later if what you chose isn't really what you want!

Completely aside to the wedding plans, we bought a grammaphone/record player on the weekend! So much fun! We found a whole bunch of second hand records selling for almost nothing and have been playing with the machine and dancing around the lounge. I don't know why, but watching it turn around and around is so tantilising. I need to get out more!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Laurette
Thanks Chloe!

That's awesome about the record player! I can see how it would be fun! I can just picture the two of you dancing around a room (which looks a lot like my grandparents sun room) to the music! My parents have heaps of really bad 70s/early 80s records - sadder thing is that they still listen to them on occasion...
Kathy W
Hi girls,

Laurette,
How is the job decision going?Really hard one to decide on and also to advise on what direction to take.If it was me Id weigh up both good and bad then deside after that huh.gif

On wedding plans:

Amanda has changed her mind on the original design of invites she isnt having the picture of bouquet on it has decided for somthing completly different.Will post piccies as soon as available.She found a good supplier and a local girl to do the printingand all up cost for paper/printing/cutting and folding of invites,place cards,order of service books and menus is $300.00 so thats not to bad.

Her and Paddy had their last wedding counciling with priest last week it was all about natural contraceptives and all of the stuff at 20+years of age everyone should know but as she said it was interesting to have a priest tell his version of it.

Other than that everything at a stand still on wedding plans.

kathyxxx
--M--
Laurette I have no idea what to tell you about your job. With your cuurent job are you happy there? Would you be able to cope living away from Glenn?

I am not the person to be advising about jobs, I still have no idea what I want to do about mine, one thing I know is that I hate it and would love to quit..but once again its that evil "money" word that will keep me there.

I am making myself sick over this stupid job, I wish I didnt get it. Tonight I have to work until 9pm, then have a delightful 1/2 hour drive home. I am absolutely dreading going in. I am sure I wont get a 1/2 hour break that I am legally entitled to, so Im trying to eat lots now so I wont pass out from hunger tonight.
Dancing Girl
Hi Girls,

Laurette, that's such a hard decision. sad.gif I agree with Chloe in that you should go with whatever job would give you the most happiness. No point doing a job that pays well if you hate it. I can see Glenn's point - better the devil you know, but you haven't really been happy in your job for a while, so why not give something new a go! And if you enjoy the new job more, than you probably won't even notice the extra travel.

Good luck with your decision! smile.gif

Chloe, the record player sounds fantastic. What a fun thing to do and imagine all those old classics you can play! Very cool! cool.gif

Michelle, have you spoken to your boss about things - especially some of the break and money issues. You really shouldn't have to put up with that.

For those girls who did didn't see my post in the dress, shoes section, I bought my shoes last week. biggrin.gif I love them. Here is a pic of them. Thankyou Laurette, Chloe and Michelle for your lovely comments. biggrin.gif

Kathy, I'm looking forward to seeing pics of Amanda's new invite idea. The cost sounds great!

That's about it for me for now. Hope everyone is well.

Jo.
Laurette
What a great price for the invitations Kathy! I am looking forward to seeing the end result!

Well, I thought that I had Glenn on my side opting for a church wedding, but then I went to ring at lunch time today, as we're only six months out and need to book! and he had a sooky moment and decided that he's not real keen on the church after all.

Men mad.gif
Kathy W
Hi girls,

Jo,
The shoes are beautiful and look like they are very comfortable.Nothing worse than shoes that hurt your feet after an hour or so of having them on.

Laurette,
They say woman are the ones who cant make up their minds/keep changing their minds.Your man has thrown that theory out the window laugh.gif

The wedding I worked at on Saturday night was good pretty laid back but I did take a few mental notes for all of you not to do:

1.Dont lap dance your hubby for the bridal waltz (not somthing for nan and pop to see)

2.Make sure if you have any guests that have attitude problems dont drink too much and start abusing floor/bar staff.

3.Dont have your hubby stand on a chair take his pants down and show everyone why you married him (thank god we only seen his butt) (another one not good for nan and pop to see)

4.Make sure your man dosent drink too much during the day and at reception an absolute drunk groom(could barely stand up)is not a pretty picture.

To those girls thinking of having the wedding cake as desert i would have another think about it even though the bottom layer of the cake looks big enough a lot of it is icing(about an inch thick)so you dont get much of a slice per guest the wedding on sat night had 60 guests and we had to cut the slices about two finger widths wide to get enough for desert,just something to think about it has changed my mind Amanda was going to have cake as desert but will now have a desert and the cake will be served with coffee or bagged and taken home.

kathyxxx
Kathy W
The following isnt Amanda's wedding menu but something that im going to show her and see what she thinks.Have a look and let me know what you think feel free to add what you think would be better.

ENTREE

Warm Thai beef salad with a lime & lemongrass dressing

Warm grainfed lamb salad served with a chilli-mint dressing

MAIN

Roasted scotch fillet, whole roasted mushrooms, button onions, seeded mustard jus

Breast of chicken stuffed with apricots & walnuts, & finished with a white wine & tarragon sauce

DESSERT

Profiteroles filled with Grand Marnier creme patissiere, & topped with your choice of
either chocolate ganache or a caramel sauce

Coffee and almond tart with a Kahlua syrup and vanilla bean ice cream

Coffee/Tea and port will be served with cake later in the evening.

Guests will also have platters of hot/cold finger food and champagne on the lawn on arrival at reception.

Kathyxxx
--M--
OH Kathy that food sounds delicious. I assume there are no vegetarians coming otherwise that would be a consideration for the menu.

Geez, sounds like a really classy wedding you worked at. Luckily Neil doesnt drink, but even if he did and got smashed at our wedding, I think I would be rather pee'd off. Also doing a lap dance during the bridal waltz? blink.gif Well whatever floats your boat I guess hehe.
Kathy W
QUOTE (ellerson82 @ Sep 6 2005, 07:49 AM)
I assume there are no vegetarians coming otherwise that would be a consideration for the menu.

Hi Michelle,

I didnt think of vegetarians sad.gif Maybe they can eat the salad around the meat laugh.gif

No offence to any vegetarians out there.

Michelle,

Hows your job going have you made up your mind on whether you will quit or not?

Kathyxxx
--M--
Maybe they can eat the salad around the meat

Haha I love that!!

Unless they are Vegans perhaps you could do a vegetarian rissoto or something, or fish?

I think we are doing barramundi, chicken and some type of beef. If they dont like it..too bad! tongue.gif

As for the job, I spoke to someone on Friday and told her my story, that I had contacted wageline and I wasnt being paid right ect and told her that wageline said if they dont fix it I should report them. She said she would look into it.

Anyway yesterday some scary looking man came in and said he wanted to talk to me, I thought oh crap they have sought legal advice and are giong to sack me (about saying I was told to report them) anyway he turned out to be a manager type person of both of the clinics, and he was pretty nice and listened to my story and agreed with everything I said. He will fix up my wage and tell everyone what breaks we are entitled to. Although last night I still worked til 8:30pm with no break.

Boy I was starving when I got home, but my lovely boy had dinner ready, he even waited for me to eat wub.gif and he had neighbours taped for me.. aww what a man!!

So I figure they have made an effort to fix things, I will just see how it goes now. Neil finds out where we get posted to in a month or 2, I will hang on til then and if its Townvsille, I will go up early and live with mum until neil arrives in December and I can look for work up there. If that makes any sense. That way we will only be living apart for a month or so, and thats no worries unsure.gif It should go quick...

My first pay day is next monday, Im sure that will make me happier about staying!!
Kathy W
Hi Michelle,

Glad to hear about the job but still having to work that long without a break huh.gif

Id stick it out untill Niel gets his new posting then once you have left dob them in so they know not to do it in future.

Pay day always makes things look better.

kathyxxx
--M--
Yeah pay day is definately an incentive to keep going. As I drive to work, I play my wedding songs to motivate me to keep going, it reminds me why Im going through this, it will all be worth it come 18th march, 2006 wub.gif
Dancing Girl
QUOTE (Kathy W @ Sep 6 2005, 07:25 AM)
1.Dont lap dance your hubby for the bridal waltz (not somthing for nan and pop to see)

3.Dont have your hubby stand on a chair take his pants down and show everyone why you married him (thank god we only seen his butt) (another one not good for nan and pop to see)

4.Make sure your man dosent drink too much during the day and at reception an absolute drunk groom(could barely stand up)is not a pretty picture.

laugh.gif LMAO. That sounded like one classy wedding Kathy!! I would not be happy if that was my new husband. Luckily Jase never gets this smashed and certainly wouldn't on our wedding day. As for the lap dance, hmmm, definitely different. huh.gif I would probably save that for the honeymoon. cool.gif

The food sounds delicious (especially the Profiteroles. Hmmmmm). As far as vegetarians go, I think most reception places you can just let them know how many veges etc and they will replace the meat dish with something different for them. It shouldn't effect your choices for everyone else.

Michelle, that's good news about the job. At least they have listened to your concerns and hopefully now they will act upon them. Fingers crossed and enjoy that payday!

Jo.

Kathy W
QUOTE (Dancing Girl @ Sep 6 2005, 10:13 AM)
That sounded like one classy wedding Kathy!!

Hi Girls,

The thing with this wedding it looked beautiful from the ceremony on the beach the restaurant was all decked out with the works table/chair covers and beach theme decorations.

And the bride looked beautiful in her champagne coloured gown the grooms had the suits on all black shirts included they had pink ties and pink roses in buttonholes.

When i walked into work i looked around and thought this is gonna be a good night all of the staff were in black and white with bow ties you get the picture.

THEN the bridal party showed up!!!!!!!!

Dont get me wrong im all for having a great time and god knows you deserve it after all the planning that goes into a wedding,but this lot just took having a good time to a new level.

I just think certain things have a place and Lap dancing your hubby should not be seen by anyone but the two of you.

By the way the next wedding i have to work at is at the end of october 250ppl

hope theres no lap dancing there.

kathyxxx
Laurette
Michelle, I am so glad that you might be getting something worked out with your job - they definetly need a shake-up for sure! Bring on pay day! We only get paid monthly - while it is good to get that lump sum, it seems to go so fast!

Hopefully you will be happy with Neil's posting and you wont have to be apart too long, if at all. Your comment about listening to the wedding music and going through all these stresses made me shed a tear. So so true. We all do it for a reason, you more than most of us at the moment!

I will have to dig up the menu that I had from our caterer and let you know what we are thinking of having. I am sure that it is going to be amazing. It better be for the price that we are paying ohmy.gif

I got some ribbon samples from our florist when I was in there this afternoon, I am pretty sure I knwo what I want. It's organza ribbon, a dusty pink, and then has satin edging. I just have to check that it fits with the pre-cut slits in the invitation cards, and of course have to ensure that it's going to to be possible to get the BM's decked out in that gunmetal colour.

I have spoken to Glenn again, and he is back on the church, so when I get home tonight I am going to ring the minister and book the damn thing (can you say that about a church?) so that he doesnt change his mind again!

That's about all that I have to share at the moment, I have to get my signature back up again - it was taken down because someone complained that it was too wide for their screen...

I will also update all my photos so that I can see where I am up to!

Cheers lovlies, have a nice evening.
Laurette
Righto girls - this is the menu that I have in mind. It will be alternate of two dishes...

Hot/Cold Hors d'oeuvres - to be served at the reception venue before the bridal party arrive
Cocktail mini spring roll with chicken and coriander filling
Mini quiches
Minced Lamb and pinenut filos with a hommus dip
Crouton with a salmon mousse caviar
Crouton with a pate mousse
crouton with Pesto filling
Crouto topped with salsa
Asparagus and Ham roll

Entree - I need to pick two
Crumbed calamari served with a small salad and lemon wedge
Chicken and asparagus volauvent
Rare Beef Salad topped with spicy thai dressing
Chicken Caesar Salad

Mains - I need to pick two
Stuffed chicken breast - breaded bacon and basil topped with roast tomato sauce
Stuffed chicken breast - brie cheese topped with spicy plum sauce
Rack of Lamb with a Herb Mustart crust topped with a Port Wine Glaze (I really like the sound of this one)
Beef fillet filled with Spinach and Cottage Cheese, topped with a spicy roast tomato sauce
Grilled seaperch with choice of Lemon Butter, Hollandaise or Mango sauce

Dessert - again, need two
Profiteroles topped with Rum Chocolate Sauce
Lemon cheesecake
Rum and Pecan Pie w/cream or icecream (I think this will be a definite)
Creme Brulee
(or our own suggestion)

As you can see, I am going to have a huge amount of trouble deciding what I want from this list. The caterer's list is much longer, but I have picked out my shortlist.

What do you all think?
Laurette
Also, I have updated the photos in my yahoo album if you're interested.
Saffire
What do you all think?

Laurette - I think I'm drooling!!!

Entree - I think chicken & asparagus is safe, also calamari....

Main - I think rack of lamb (yum) and one of the chicken breasts... not sure whether the left or the right one (hehehe!).

Desert
Profiteroles & Rum & pecan pie.... or Brulee and pie...

They all sound LOVELY!!!

Also, with the church thing - don't have to book it - just TELL Glenn that its booked and that its too late now to change his mind so you're glad he loves the church idea anyway *insert wine here*!

Michelle - that's fantastic news that someone came in to talk to you. Just some acknowledgement of the problem is half the way to a solution!

Kathy - OMG a Bridal Lap Dance!???! That's just wrong - think she got her 'wedding night dance' mixed up with her 'parentals g-rated waltz'?!? Mental note - fill one bottle of champagne with water so that groom doesn't get R-rated drunk.... Instead, running back and forth to toilet due to overconsumption of harmless H2O a much better outcome on the night! Except if dress is difficult to pee in... hmmmn...

Amanda's menus sounds delish - most venues have a 10% vegetarian alternative available on the night. So depending on the number of guests you're expecting, they will make up 10% of this number worth of veggie options so you should be covered. Maybe just double check this is what they do do.

Kathy W
QUOTE (Laurette @ Sep 6 2005, 05:42 PM)
Righto girls - this is the menu that I have in mind. It will be alternate of two dishes...

Hot/Cold Hors d'oeuvres - to be served at the reception venue before the bridal party arrive
Cocktail mini spring roll with chicken and coriander filling
Mini quiches
Minced Lamb and pinenut filos with a hommus dip
Crouton with a salmon mousse caviar
Crouton with a pate mousse
crouton with Pesto filling
Crouto topped with salsa
Asparagus and Ham roll

Entree - I need to pick two

Crumbed calamari served with a small salad and lemon wedge

Rare Beef Salad topped with spicy thai dressing

Mains - I need to pick two

Rack of Lamb with a Herb Mustart crust topped with a Port Wine Glaze (I really like the sound of this one)

Grilled seaperch with choice of Lemon Butter, Hollandaise or Mango sauce

Dessert - again, need two

Profiteroles topped with Rum Chocolate Sauce

Rum and Pecan Pie w/cream or icecream (I think this will be a definite)

(or our own suggestion)

Hi Girls,

Laurette,

As seen in quote that is my pick from your menu choices.

Will be checking out your photos after this post.

Saffire,

The menu that i posted isnt Amanda's menu just what im hoping that will be available.

For the girls who are getting married in a church,Are you having Pew Bows and if so who is supplying them?

The reason Im asking is I was looking at some on line yesterday and thinking of making them for Amanda.

Kathyxx

Saffire
Laurette your photos are lovely - wedding looks gorgeous! I love your invitations... and your shoes - which ones are you going with? And you know I love you dress biggrin.gif

Speaking of pictures - this is way out of left field but one of guinea pig had babies yesterday and this is a picture of one of the bubbies - it's a girl! Sorry had to share cos I think they're gorgeous.

user posted image

Kathy - If we decide to go ahead with Pew Bows they will be home made. Depending on how many we have, I figure it shouldn't be too hard to buy some nice big fat ribbon and make them up. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make enough for my church (cos its huge) but I might do alternate pews... Let me know which way you go with this!
Dancing Girl
Laurette, that menu looks divine. I think my picks would be Calamari & Chicken vol-au-vent for entree, the lamb (how good does that sound...) and one of the chickens (they both sound good!!) for main and ooooh, I would just want ALL of the desserts - although profiteroles would have to be in there (can you tell I'm partial to profiteroles laugh.gif . No matter what you choose, it all looks good!

Kathy, what a shame about the wedding. It sounded so nicely organised and then yuckied up with OTT behaviour. I'm all for having a good time, but there's also a time and a place for certain things (like lap dances!!). Let us know how the BIG wedding goes.

I'm with Chloe, just tell Glenn you've already booked the Church because he agreed. biggrin.gif No backing out then!! laugh.gif I love your photo's by the way. Your dress is so beautiful. Have you ordered it yet? If so, when does it come in?

Nothing new for me. Too busy atm to do any more for my wedding. sad.gif And my home laptop kicked the bucket on the weekend. It had all my spreadsheets - budgets, guests addresses, checklists etc plus all my invitation, placecard and bon-bon tag templates (which took countless hours to set up). Stupid, stupid me never saved them to a disc or anything. It is with a computer shop trying to get retrieved. Fingers (and everything else) crossed that they can get it back for me.

Jo.

Laurette
QUOTE (Saffire @ Sep 6 2005, 11:29 PM)
Kathy - OMG a Bridal Lap Dance!???! That's just wrong - think she got her 'wedding night dance' mixed up with her 'parentals g-rated waltz'?!?  Mental note - fill one bottle of champagne with water so that groom doesn't get R-rated drunk....  Instead, running back and forth to toilet due to overconsumption of harmless H2O a much better outcome on the night! Except if dress is difficult to pee in... hmmmn...

PMSL!

I HAVE BOOKED THE CHURCH!!!

So excited - it's official. St Pauls Anglican Church Temora - our first 'session' with the Minister is on Wed 28th Sept!
Laurette
Jo- that's terrible news about the laptop. I am pretzelling everything I have hoping that all the info on it will be able to be retrieved. Number one on my to-do list tonight is to burn all my wedding stuff to a disc.

I think that our guestlist is going to be 150 people. Mum is still not overly impressed, but it's better than the original 193. She was hoping for 120, so hopefully enough people on that list wont be able to come. I know of about 10 that cant, so that's a start!

Personally, I would like to not have my father there, but unfortunately it's not something that I have a great deal of control over. Grr.

I am hanging out for my tax return (which I thought would have been here by now) as I am going to get on Ebay and buy the bubbles and stuff like that, order my shoes etc.

I would love you ladis to vote on which shoes you like in my photos. It's an equal tie at the moment! I think open-toed for me is better as I have really die feet, they seem to have more room in them and there is nothing worse than squishy toes.

Kathy W
Laurette,

Shoes called Anthea gets my vote.

Congrats on booking the church.

Saffire,

How cute is it male or female?

kathyxx
Kathy W
Hi Girls,

I think im going to make the Pew Bows myself as they look pretty easy here are a few ive found so far.

Pew Bow 1

Pew Bow 2

Pew Bow 3

No 3 is winning vote with me at the moment.

kathyxxx
Laurette
My fave is number three too, Kathy. I think that with mine, I will just make them out of plain chiffon and tulle - plain white.

I wonder if there are patterns out there or if it's just a matter of tying a long piece of material into a bow?
--M--
Congratulations Laurette on bookign your church how exciting!! I havent looked at your shoes yet as Im sharing this internet connection with Neil, and his game freezes if I open too many pages lol but I will look later.

Jo - HOpe your laptop gets fixed and you find all the documents you need ohmy.gif

Chloe - what a cute guinee pig!! Hey what night is your dancing class? do they offer a few nights a week or set nights?? Im hoping for a Monday or Friday night..

Well all is going ok for me smile.gif Take care girls

Michelle cool.gif
Saffire
Hullo!

Laurette - Anthea - love em. Actually, had seen them before and would probably go with them if I didn't already have 2 pairs which I'm still undecided about....

Jo - oh no! Sorry to hear about your laptop - maybe an opportunity to rejig the wedding budget (quick! decide what you really want that wasn't in there before! ).

Kathy - I'm liking Pew #2. But #3 is my next preference. What does the church look like? #2 seems a little more subtle and if the church is quite busy then #2 might work better. But #3 is very striking and would probably have a nicer effect if it fit with the decor...

Michelle - Mondays and Fridays are perfect. Monday night is beginner's latin. Tonight (Wed) they had beginner's ballroom and latin. Friday night has beginners open which means anything you want to do. Ballroom, latin, rock n roll etc. Oh and there's a class on Saturday also. We just got back from class and had a ball. They have moved now to Camberwell - just on bourke st. And the first lesson is free which helps. http://www.thesecretgardenofdance.com.au/ is their website.

The guinea pig is a baby girl - thinking of calling her Patches cos she's mostly white with cute brown patches on the back. She is soooo tiny!

Trying to decide where to stay for our first night now... It's a very important decision - first night as a married couple smile.gif Scouring the internet for luxurious hotels hehehe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.